We have the expertise to assess the risks and rewards of pursuing a claim against another party and we can help you make the decisions that will be in your best interests. Whether you are a developer, an investment fund or a private individual, our property solicitors have the authority and knowledge to deliver the right strategic approach.
Commercial Landlord & Tenant Disputes
Disputes can severely affect your business as a tenant, and your investment as a landlord. When disputes arise in commercial leases they need to be addressed quickly and tactically to minimise disruption and loss. Equally, early communication and proactive management can help reduce the likelihood of these and other types of property disputes from arising.
We advise commercial landlords and tenants on a wide range of issues including:
- Early termination of a commercial lease
- Contested and uncontested business lease renewals
- Commercial lease agreement interpretation
- Rent reviews
- Break notices
- Disputes concerning requests for landlord’s consent
- Property injunctions
- Forfeiture of commercial leases and applications for relief from forfeiture
- Breach of covenant
- Repair and dilapidation claims
- Rent and service charge recovery
Residential Landlord and Tenant Disputes – Short-Term Lettings
Whether your tenant has stopped paying the rent or you simply want possession of your property, or, if you are a tenant, your landlord is not complying with repair obligations, we have extensive experience in all these areas and can advise and support you through the stress and uncertainty of any ensuing dispute.
If court proceedings are necessary, we can guide you and represent you throughout the process.
We deal with the following matters for residential landlord and tenants:
- Landlord repossession actions including organising bailiff evictions
- Repossession claims based upon expiry of the assured shorthold tenancy (Section 21 Notice claims)
- Rent arrears claims
- Breach of tenancy claims (covenants)
- Defending tenancy deposit claims
- Bringing and defending claims for unlawful eviction
- Bringing and defending housing disrepair claims
- Claims concerning old (Rent Act and earlier) tenancies
- Regulatory compliance
Residential Landlord and Tenant Disputes – Long Leasehold Disputes
We act for both landlords and tenants in court and tribunal proceedings on issues involving:
- Breaches of covenant, forfeiture and enforcement
- The reasonableness and recoverability of service charges
- The right to manage
- Management audits
- Corporate governance of tenant-owned freeholds and related issues
- Qualifying works and agreements
- Rights of first refusal
- Individual and collective enfranchisement
- Appointment of a manager
- Selection and performance of managing agents
- Interpretation and variation of leases
- Associated drafting and advice on lease terms
Wellers Law Group LLP – For Property Law & Property Litigation
Wellers’ property solicitors in London, Kent & Surrey are committed to providing reliable, cost-effective and time-saving legal advice. We understand the law relating to landlord and tenant disputes and how to reach practical solutions that benefit the interests our clients.
Whether you have a boundary dispute, a landlord-tenant dispute or some other form of property-related legal concern, we can help you determine your rights and options before the issue becomes unnecessarily expensive or contentious.
Contact us today for more information.
|Alice Lithgow (Anderson)||London||020 7481 6396|
|Joe Reeves||London||020 7481 6383|
|Patricia Wollington||London||020 7481 6390|
|James Baird||Bromley||020 8290 7959|
|Rosalind Webster||Bromley||020 8290 7993|
|Leon Hines||Bromley||020 8290 7996|
|Craig Batko||Surrey||01372 750 109|
|Jonathan Tyler||Sevenoaks||01732 446361|
|Christopher Davies||Sevenoaks||01732 446 360|