Our complaints procedure
If you have a complaint, please contact us with the details. We would normally expect this to be made in writing marked for the attention of the Client Care Manager at Wellers Law Group LLP, 1a Bromley Lane Chislehurst, Kent BR7 6LH. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What will happen next?
- We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint. We may either at that point or subsequently ask you to clarify the details contained within your letter of complaint. We will also let you know the name of the person who will be dealing with your complaint. This will usually be our Client Care Manager. You can expect to receive our letter within five working days of us receiving your complaint.
- We will then start to investigate your complaint. This will normally involve the following steps:
- The member of staff who acted for you will be asked for their comments on your complaint.
- Those comments and the information in your file will then be considered and if appropriate the matter will be discussed with the member of staff.
- We will send you a reply to your complaint which will include our suggestions for resolving the matter. We aim to do this within six weeks of receipt of your initial letter, unless the matter is particularly complex, in which case we will advise you and provide a revised timetable for our reply.
- At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again in writing. We will then arrange to review our decision. This will happen in one of the following ways:
- A meeting with you may be arranged.
- Another senior member of the firm will review our decision within fifteen working days of receipt of your letter.
- We will let you know the outcome of the review within five working days of this being completed. At this time we will write to you confirming our final position regarding your complaint.
- If you are still not satisfied, you can then contact the Legal Ombudsman at P O Box 15870, Birmingham B30 9EB. Any complaint to the Ombudsman about our service must be within six months of the end of the work we did for you or of you finding out there was a problem. If your complaint is about our conduct, you should contact the Ombudsman within six months of the conduct taking place. For further information you should contact the Ombudsman (helpline number 0300 555 0333) or refer to their website at www.legalombudsman.org.uk.
- If we have to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why.