Wellers Law Group represents over 400 charities in London, Kent and the South East and has extensive expertise advising charities in their everyday running as well as during charity law disputes, including the following:
- Applications to the Charity Commission to bring proceedings
- Regarding Beddoe applications authorising trustees to become involved in litigation
- Disputes between trustees
- Fraud by trustees
- Disputes concerning misapplication of charitable income
- Enforcement of legacies and legacy disputes
- Reputation management and brand protection
Disputes involving faith-based charities
Wellers Law Group has a renowned charities law team which also has particular expertise in dealing with church and faith-based disputes both in Court and by mediation where appropriate.
Our lawyers are able to advise on the following:-
- Property disputes
- Employment related disputes
- Charities issues including trustees and the administration of the charity
- Religious discrimination issues
Our Charity Law team works hand in hand with our litigation and dispute resolution solicitors who have established considerable expertise in the charitable sector. In particular we have an in-depth understanding of the specific issues affecting faith-based charities and how best to find practical and workable solutions. Our team has experience in addressing significant matters for charities operating on a global scale as well as in more local disputes.
We have developed good relationships with third party funders and insurers who may be able to provide assistance in the funding of any claim and this can help to reduce risk to charitable income.
Charity Law Solicitors in London and across the South East
Charity litigation matters are specialist area in which Wellers has significant experience. There are a number of very sensitive issues surrounding safeguarding, charity governance and GDPR, charity property and charitable company formation which require niche legal knowledge should a dispute arise.
Our charity solicitors work across London, Kent and Surrey and a member of the team will be happy to discuss your issue at a time to suit you.
To find out more, please contact:
|Joe Reeves||London||020 7481 6383|
|Rosalind Webster||Bromley||020 464 4242|