Partner, senior solicitor, head of family and litigation, collaborative lawyer, family law accredited specialist
Lorraine is Head of the Family Law and Immigration Law Departments at Wellers Law Group. She has many years’ experience in Family law having qualified in 2004 and previously been responsible for developing the Family department of a well-known firm in Surrey where she was made a Partner and assisted in the opening of a second office in West Sussex.
In search of a “new challenge” and wishing to work closer to home, Lorraine joined Wellers as Head of Department. She has much experience of the following: cohabitation; separation; divorce; civil partnerships; children; finances (ancillary relief) and consent orders and is a member of Resolution, which aims to aid the constructive resolution of matrimonial disputes. Lorraine is also a trained collaborative lawyer where couples prefer to resolve matrimonial issues among themselves with the help of trained professionals without going to court. She is also a Law Society accredited Specialist in Family Law.
Lorraine’s role as head of the Immigration Law department she covers all the key areas for both personal and corporate immigration advice, covering all types of visas (including those for Skilled Workers, Healthcare Workers, Students and family members), Indefinite Leave to Remain, naturalisation, passport applications and Home Office appeals.
In her spare time, Lorraine is a keen supporter of Crystal Palace Football Club and she says that as a result she “has a very good sense of humour”!
Lorraine represented the son who was an intervenor in his father and step-mother’s divorce where the step-mother accused the father of dissipating assets prior to their divorce. The title/reference to the case is:
Lorraine represented the wife in a much talked about case before Mr Justice Moor whereby the wife argued that she should be entitled to more than 50% of the matrimonial asset pot due to the Husband’s alleged wanton dissipation of assets. The title/reference to the case is:
“You have been a big part of my life over the last year and you have kept me going! Again, grateful thanks…”.––Julie
“Family Law Solicitor Lorraine Toal helped me through a difficult divorce, she kept me informed at all times and was a comfort during a time of stress. Her advice on all matters was accurate and I felt I was in good hands”
I really appreciate all of your advice and that I could speak with you so candidly without pretence. Your support has been invaluable to me over the past two years.
The service that we received from Family Law Solicitor Lorraine Toal, was exceptional. She kept us informed at all times, contacted us promptly in all instances, her advice and recommendations to the various circumstances was helpful and reliable. She conducted the matter efficiently and swiftly
I have had the pleasure of being represented by Wellers Family law and particularly Lorraine and Quang… I have always found them only interested in acting on my behalf and know the law inside out which has resulted yet again in achieving the desired result.
Divorces and child cases are often very emotional and the games that get played are often more a distraction than fact but these guys wade through the smoke and mirrors to present facts of the case. Believe in how they approach things and you will get the desired results.
––Delroy Robinson & Maureen Braithwaite
Partner - Commercial & Charity Law
Paul is Head of the firm’s Charity Department. He joined the firm in 1978 and has specialised in Charity Law for over 30 years.
Paul travels widely and has a client base of both national and international not-for-profit organisations. He has had considerable experience in representing various overseas foundations in their activities in the UK, as well as UK charities in their work in Africa, Central Asia, South East Asia, Australia, USA and the Middle East.
Paul’s specialisation is designing and implementing innovative enabling structures for not-for-profits and charities.
Paul is the Author of Faith, Hope & Charity, the A to Z of governing a charitable organisation (see link to video below). He is a director of two international charities.
Paul’s favourite client is a rather well-known purple dinosaur who, Paul says, tended to sing his instructions rather than send e-mails!
In his free time he has renovated a French farmhouse and enjoys gardening – but only if he can eat the resulting produce!
"Paul Martin has been the external legal advisor to The Langley Park School for Boys Academy Trust during the school's £35 million redevelopment project. During this period his advice has been on diverse issues including property law, development contracts, negotiations for easements and rights-of-way, Charity formation and administration in joint venture and management agreements. In addition, Paul's colleagues at Wellers have advised on litigation and employment issues.
We have been impressed with the excellent and personal service that has come from the firm, and have been pleased to have their complete service at our disposal during this exciting yet demanding time of change for the school."
- The Langley Park School fopr Boys Academy Trust
Senior Solicitor - Commercial Property
Nina deals with all aspects of commercial property and investment property. This includes advice on identifying and acquiring both commercial and residential portfolios as well as locating and dealing with the legal aspects of high value residential property sale and purchase.
Nina works closely with clients to the following services:
- Acquisitions and disposals of freehold and leasehold commercial and residential premises and mixed use developments.
- Landlord and tenant issues.
- Portfolio management.
- Site assembly and development.
- Real estate finance.
Nina advises a wide variety of clients including the following:
- Property developers
- Investors, including overseas investors
- Hotels; restaurants and public houses
- High net worth individuals
Nina says – “It is immensely satisfying to work with a client to discuss their objectives and then get to work to ensure that these objectives are met.”
Joe is a civil and commercial litigator covering a wide range of practice areas including commercial and contract litigation, property disputes including landlord and tenant litigation, banking and corporate disputes, professional negligence and debt recovery.
Having qualified in 2010, Joe was previously a Partner in a West End Practice and most recently spent time working on a large scale regulatory matter in Dubai.
Joe’s experience includes:-
- Advising clients facing a possession claim brought by an institutional landlord in respect of premises in Holland Park, including negotiating settlement of the claim
- Representing a landlord with an extensive London property portfolio in proceedings brought by a Local Authority under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002
- Representing a landlord in a claim for interim rent under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954
- Advising a commercial landlord in a £220,000 dilapidations claim against Kwikfit
- Advising a commercial landlord in a possession claim over premises let under an expired licence
- General advice and representation in relation to boundary and right of way disputes, forfeiture, rent recovery, dilapidations and service charge disputes
Contract and Commercial
- Advising borrowers and personal guarantors in a dispute involving the construction of a private loan agreement, including advising on the enforceability of a penalty clause under the agreement
- Advising a commercial landlord in a dispute with Npower, including advising on the construction and commencement of an energy supply agreement
- Successfully securing summary judgment in respect of a contractual claim for a deposit following a buyer’s failure to complete
- Advising on banking disputes including a set-aside application against HSBC in relation to non-enforceability of a personal guarantee
- Successfully securing compensation for a commercial entity in a claim against RBS resulting from the mis-sale of an Interest Rate Hedging Product (SWAP)
- General debt recovery on behalf of commercial clients including professional service providers and SMEs
- Successfully acting for an executor and beneficiary in relation to a probate dispute concerning disclosure of estate information, including substantial recovery of costs
- Advising a beneficiary in an inheritance dispute including successful mediation and settlement of the claim
- Advising intended beneficiaries in a professional negligence claim against solicitors following failure to finalise a testator’s will
- Advising a client in respect of a claim in professional negligence against solicitors, arising from complex trust litigation
- Advising a restaurateur in a professional negligence claim against solicitors following failure to advise on the presence of a planning restriction on commercial premises in Victoria
- Queen Mary University of London, LLB Law
- College of Law, London Moorgate
Jeanette is a Partner at Wellers Law Group and has over 15 years’ experience working as a solicitor in residential conveyancing. She deals with all aspects of residential conveyancing transactions for a wide range of clients in relation to buying and selling of freehold and leasehold properties, re-mortgages, pre-auction advice, transfers of equity, right to buy and help to buy transactions. Jeanette specialises in helping first-time buyers through the Bank of Mum and Dad.
Prior to joining Wellers, Jeanette practiced at a firm of solicitors in Greenwich as a trainee solicitor and qualified in 2008. She was then employed by a larger firm in South East London, specialising in all aspects of residential conveyancing and working with various offices around the UK. Jeanette joined the conveyancing department at Wellers in July 2019.
Jeanette has acted on a wide range of matters and property types in Chislehurst and nearby areas. She believes in providing a high quality personal service, building relationships with clients and taking the time to understand their needs. She endeavours to make the process as stress-free as possible.
Jeanette oversees the firm’s Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme accreditation and is Head of Residential Property services and manages the Chislehurst office and the Bank of Mum and Dad team, focused on first-time buyers.
In her spare time, Jeanette enjoys swimming and spending time with family and friends.
“Many thanks for handling our conveyancing recently. You made what could have been an extremely stressful time bearable. From our first meeting to completion we felt confident and happy”
“We really appreciate all your hard work & support. You made the whole ordeal bearable. We are truly grateful for everything you have done us”
"At times it was stressful, so thanks also for 'holding my hand'...As a family we have used Wellers a few times and we have found everyone professional, efficient and user friendly. Thanks again for your help, it was much appreciated - keep up the good work - the very good work."
Outstanding Service cannot say how impressed I am with Jeanette, who helped us through a painful long move process! Her attention to detail and thoroughness was impeccable! No stone left unturned! She dealt with everything so professionally and kept us up to date the whole way through. I would highly recommend Jeanette to anyone and she will now be our life long conveyancing solicitor! We are so grateful for her support!
Asma is a solicitor in the Commercial Property team specialising in transactional property work.
Asma advises investors, developers, business occupiers, Parish Councils and individuals on a variety of commercial property transactions including acquisitions, disposals, negotiation of business leases and portfolio management. Asma is both proactive and pragmatic in her approach, achieving creative solutions and outstanding results for her clients.
Asma graduated in Law from City University in London and studied the Legal Practice Course at the College of Law in Guildford.
Asma previously had over 10 years’ experience at City law firm, Carter Lemon Camerons LLP working in the Commercial Property team.
In her free time Asma enjoys travel abroad, reading and spending time with her family.
Ursula is a senior conveyancing solicitor who heads up the property team in our Bromley office.
Ursula qualified as a Solicitor in 1999 and joined Wellers Law Group in 2019. Having 25 years of Conveyancing experience Ursula previously worked with another well established firm in Kent where she led the Residential Property Department for a number of years and was a partner for 8 years. She is a past President for Bromley and District Law Society.
- Sales and Purchases of Freehold and Leasehold Land
- Acquiring the Freehold of your Leasehold Property
- Lease Extensions
- Mortgages and Re-mortgages
- Transfers of Equity
- Equity Releases
- Pre-Auction advice
- Auction Sales and Purchases
Areas of specialism
- Residential Conveyancing for Leasehold and Freehold Properties
- Specialises in technical high value residential Properties
Ursula enjoys being a spectator of most sports particularly, rugby and cricket and enjoys playing netball and cycling.
"Ursula Puch was my solicitor for purchasing a property. She was brilliant, very understanding with my personal situation, she gave me advice that helped me through out the buying process. She was very personable, and a joy to work with. I feel very lucky to have found Wellers solicitors to help me, the whole team there are brilliant and I couldn’t recommend them enough."
"Excellent, personal and highly professional I would highly recommend Ursula Puch. She has always been available throughout the purchase and sale of my property. She is both professional and tenacious: supportive at all times combined with sensible and pragmatic advise. I would strongly recommend Ursula to anyone needing conveyancing support -and will be using her for all my future needs."
"With all that was happening throughout the pandemic we managed to conclude with satisfaction between both parties, and Ursula should be complimented for steering us through a very difficult path. I will be using Ursula moving forward on other projects."
"...thanking you so much I can't believe how quick you've got this through..."