Joe is a civil and commercial litigator covering a wide range of practice areas including commercial and contract litigation, property disputes including landlord and tenant litigation, banking and corporate disputes, professional negligence and debt recovery.
Having qualified in 2010, Joe was previously a Partner in a West End Practice and most recently spent time working on a large scale regulatory matter in Dubai.
Joe’s experience includes:-
- Advising clients facing a possession claim brought by an institutional landlord in respect of premises in Holland Park, including negotiating settlement of the claim
- Representing a landlord with an extensive London property portfolio in proceedings brought by a Local Authority under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002
- Representing a landlord in a claim for interim rent under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954
- Advising a commercial landlord in a £220,000 dilapidations claim against Kwikfit
- Advising a commercial landlord in a possession claim over premises let under an expired licence
- General advice and representation in relation to boundary and right of way disputes, forfeiture, rent recovery, dilapidations and service charge disputes
Contract and Commercial
- Advising borrowers and personal guarantors in a dispute involving the construction of a private loan agreement, including advising on the enforceability of a penalty clause under the agreement
- Advising a commercial landlord in a dispute with Npower, including advising on the construction and commencement of an energy supply agreement
- Successfully securing summary judgment in respect of a contractual claim for a deposit following a buyer’s failure to complete
- Advising on banking disputes including a set-aside application against HSBC in relation to non-enforceability of a personal guarantee
- Successfully securing compensation for a commercial entity in a claim against RBS resulting from the mis-sale of an Interest Rate Hedging Product (SWAP)
- General debt recovery on behalf of commercial clients including professional service providers and SMEs
- Successfully acting for an executor and beneficiary in relation to a probate dispute concerning disclosure of estate information, including substantial recovery of costs
- Advising a beneficiary in an inheritance dispute including successful mediation and settlement of the claim
- Advising intended beneficiaries in a professional negligence claim against solicitors following failure to finalise a testator’s will
- Advising a client in respect of a claim in professional negligence against solicitors, arising from complex trust litigation
- Advising a restaurateur in a professional negligence claim against solicitors following failure to advise on the presence of a planning restriction on commercial premises in Victoria
- Queen Mary University of London, LLB Law
- College of Law, London Moorgate
Penny is a Personal injury Solicitor working within the Dispute Resolution Department
Penny has many years’ experience in dealing with accident and injury claims and in achieving excellent results for her clients, the majority of whom are referred to her by recommendation.
In addition to her Solicitor’s qualifications, Penny also holds an honours degree in History and a Private pilot’s licence. In her spare time she enjoys travelling, flying, reading and classic films.
“After having lunch at a local garden centre, my husband Mr W who is elderly, disabled and walks with the aid of a wheelie walker was walking out through the automatic doors when they closed unexpectedly, knocking him to the ground. His main injury was a fractured clavicle but after a 7 week stay in hospital his mobility was never properly recovered. Under the circumstances we felt some that some financial compensation should be due to us. Wellers have acted for us in the past and so we went to them and our case was taken on by Penny Langdon. Penny set to work vigorously, coming down to see us and going to the garden centre to take measurements and photographs of the doors. We felt that we really could trust her to reach a good conclusion. She worked through all the legal procedures and a settlement of £10,000.00 was made. We were very happy with that and really grateful to Penny for the friendly way she encouraged us and obtained a fair settlement”.
–– Mrs W, May 28 2014
“Following a fall in a supermarket I contacted Wellers solicitors and Penny Langdon was assigned to my case. I was very impressed with the service I received from Penny. She was exceptionally kind and supportive throughout the process. She was very good at explaining things in a way I could understand. My claim turned out to be quite a complicated one and she worked hard to get a fair settlement of nearly £10,000 for me. I would definitely recommend her to anyone who finds themselves in a similar situation”.
–– Mrs C , May 2014
“Penny Langdon was dogged in her determination to secure fair compensation for me after my accident.
I fell over in the street after tripping on a broken pavement bollard and shattered my kneecap. I spent 5 days in hospital having my knee reconstructed and a long time in recovery. The Borough Council where I had the accident tried to evade their responsiblity but Penny was having none of it and they eventually admitted 80% liability.
I was delighted with the pay-out Penny secured for me and I cannot thank her enough for her kind support and efforts on my behalf”.
–– Mrs B, May 2014
“I received exceptional support from Penny Langdon after suffering a fall in a supermarket. I was extremely impressed with the support and information I received from Penny and the team. My case was settled quickly with no inconvenience. Penny always informed me of developments and discussed my questions in a way in which I could understand. Excellent support and an excellent result”.
–– Cheryl Walker, 12 Apr 2011
“I used the Services of Wellers Law Group due to my son impaling himself on some old victorian railings belonging to the local council. Penny Langdon was the solicitor acting on our behalf and was incredibly helpful, always available to talk to and very thorough. I would definitely recommend her services and will call on her services in the future if needed to do so. I rate her services 10/10. Thank you very much”.
–– Lisa Mcafee, 19 Jan 2011
“I have to say thanks very much to my solicitor because she was very careful with my case and gave me very personal attention throughout my situation. If I need help again I will contact you and even give your name to somebody that I know may need help. I WILL!!! To Solicitor Penny Langdon, my congratulations!!!”
– Jamie Vieira, 14 Jan 2011
“I’m very pleased with the service I received from Penny when she dealt with my personal injury claim following an accident at work. It was a very distressing time for me, and I found Penny to be very efficient and professional in dealing with my claim. She was very courteous, sympathetic and worked very hard to progress my claim against challenging deadlines.
Penny was very through in putting together my claim and I very happy that my claim was settled for a six figure amount. Thank you Penny and well done…”
"Wellers Law Group processed my claim for compensation following an accident. I was knocked off my bike by a bus. The service provided was efficient and professional."
–– David Timothy, 19 Jan 2011
Rosalind is a Senior Litigation Solicitor based at our Bromley Office.
Sian qualified as a solicitor in January 2009 in the UK and is also an Australian lawyer qualified in New South Wales. Sian worked in Sydney in 2014 and gained international legal experience working on high value international disputes.
She has a broad practice which includes:
Commercial/company litigation, shipping, insurance, finance, tax, real estate, debt, contract, professional negligence, contested probate and construction law.
- Acting for trustees of a trust fund worth 30 million pounds in contentious trust litigation in the Royal Courts of Justice, advantageous settlement obtained.
- Acting for clients in respect of a 6 million pound banking litigation case in the Royal Courts of Justice concerning a multi-currency mortgage and a trust fund, advantageous settlement obtained.
- Successfully obtaining freezing injunctions in the Royal Courts of Justice.
- Acting for clients in respect of conducting commercial arbitration proceedings in respect of company litigation/shareholder disputes/shipping litigation matters.
- Acting for an international company with regard to a fraud case worth 500 thousand dollars.
- Working on a Class Action company litigation case with a value of 113 billion dollars.
- Working on cross-border international cases involving UK/USA and Australian law.
- Working in competition law/finance law on a case regarding a multi- jurisdictional dispute concerning 8 major international banks.
- Acting for international companies, multi-millionaire landlords, managing agents, property developers and hotels. Advising CEOs, Chief Executives and Finance Directors together with Managing Directors of large and SME companies.
- University of Sydney
- Inns of Court School of Law
- University of Sussex LLB Law, LLM, International Commercial Law, Carriage of Goods by Sea.
Diane Flowers is an Assistant Solicitor in the Family Department. Diane qualified as a solicitor in 2010 and has seven years experience in all aspects of private family law involving Private Law Children Act Matters, Domestic Violence Matters, Divorce and the Separation Process.
As a member of Resolution, Diane is committed to the constructive resolution of family disputes. If matters become contested she has the experience to take her own matters to court and conduct her own advocacy.
Diane is committed to her work in Family Law and where necessary is willing to assist you on an emergency basis or at short notice. Please contact her on 0208 290 3985 if you would like to make an appointment at the Bromley office.
Senior Solicitor - Commercial Property
Nina deals with all aspects of commercial property and investment property. This includes advice on identifying and acquiring both commercial and residential portfolios as well as locating and dealing with the legal aspects of high value residential property sale and purchase.
Nina works closely with clients to the following services:
- Acquisitions and disposals of freehold and leasehold commercial and residential premises and mixed use developments.
- Landlord and tenant issues.
- Portfolio management.
- Site assembly and development.
- Real estate finance.
Nina advises a wide variety of clients including the following:
- Property developers
- Investors, including overseas investors
- Hotels; restaurants and public houses
- High net worth individuals
Nina says – “It is immensely satisfying to work with a client to discuss their objectives and then get to work to ensure that these objectives are met.”
Family Law Solicitor
Dipal is a member of Resolution, a national organisation of family lawyers committed to non-confrontational divorce, separation and other family problems. Dipal encourages clients, where possible, to achieve out of court settlements in order to reach an early agreement avoiding escalating costs and court proceedings, however where it becomes necessary to issue court proceedings, she will either represent her client at Court or will refer to an appropriate Barrister.
Outside of work, Dipal enjoys travelling, yoga and theatre.
Solicitor - Immigration Law
Ros provides a friendly and personalised service. This is important because each case is different and each client is different. Therefore Ros focuses on your specific needs and this is true whether you are:
- a business bringing key people into the UK;
- an entrepreneur who wants to do business and live in the UK;
- an individual who wants to work or study in the UK;
- An individual who wants to make arrangements for your children or other family members to study or go to school in the UK
The rules governing immigration law can be complex and sometimes difficult to understand. Ros will explain the options that are open to you and then make sure that we take the best course of action – one that achieves the outcome that you want.
Ros qualified as a solicitor in 2006 and has over a decade of experience in dealing with all aspects of Immigration and Human Rights cases. Ros also deals with European Legislation and the effect of this in UK immigration rules and issues.
Ros says – “I am absolutely passionate about what I do. From helping people into more rewarding and stable lives to enabling businesses to operate and create jobs in the UK, my job is about making people happy and what could be better than that!”
Solicitor, Family Law
Keith is a Senior Family Law Solicitor with experience of all areas of Family Law including divorce, matrimonial finance (including high net worth divorce cases), disputes between unmarried couples, children matters and cases involving Domestic Abuse as well as advising on and preparing pre and post-nuptial agreements and cohabitation agreements.
He has many years’ experience in Family law having previously been responsible for developing the Family department of a niche firm in North London.
Whilst there Keith also had overall responsibility for the first group of claims within the blacklisting litigation in the High Court which “The Lawyer” deemed one of the Top 20 cases of 2016. Keith’s firm was one of the lead solicitors and as such managed along with three other firms the claims of over 800 construction workers against Sir Robert McAlpine and a number of other construction companies. This case settled with claimants receiving almost £25 million compensation.
Wanting to stay committed to his chosen field of Family Law and wishing to work closer to home, Keith joined Wellers in October 2016.