Joe is a civil and commercial litigator covering a wide range of practice areas including commercial and contract litigation, property disputes including landlord and tenant litigation, banking and corporate disputes, professional negligence and debt recovery.
Having qualified in 2010, Joe was previously a Partner in a West End Practice and most recently spent time working on a large scale regulatory matter in Dubai.
Joe’s experience includes:-
- Advising clients facing a possession claim brought by an institutional landlord in respect of premises in Holland Park, including negotiating settlement of the claim
- Representing a landlord with an extensive London property portfolio in proceedings brought by a Local Authority under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002
- Representing a landlord in a claim for interim rent under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954
- Advising a commercial landlord in a £220,000 dilapidations claim against Kwikfit
- Advising a commercial landlord in a possession claim over premises let under an expired licence
- General advice and representation in relation to boundary and right of way disputes, forfeiture, rent recovery, dilapidations and service charge disputes
Contract and Commercial
- Advising borrowers and personal guarantors in a dispute involving the construction of a private loan agreement, including advising on the enforceability of a penalty clause under the agreement
- Advising a commercial landlord in a dispute with Npower, including advising on the construction and commencement of an energy supply agreement
- Successfully securing summary judgment in respect of a contractual claim for a deposit following a buyer’s failure to complete
- Advising on banking disputes including a set-aside application against HSBC in relation to non-enforceability of a personal guarantee
- Successfully securing compensation for a commercial entity in a claim against RBS resulting from the mis-sale of an Interest Rate Hedging Product (SWAP)
- General debt recovery on behalf of commercial clients including professional service providers and SMEs
- Successfully acting for an executor and beneficiary in relation to a probate dispute concerning disclosure of estate information, including substantial recovery of costs
- Advising a beneficiary in an inheritance dispute including successful mediation and settlement of the claim
- Advising intended beneficiaries in a professional negligence claim against solicitors following failure to finalise a testator’s will
- Advising a client in respect of a claim in professional negligence against solicitors, arising from complex trust litigation
- Advising a restaurateur in a professional negligence claim against solicitors following failure to advise on the presence of a planning restriction on commercial premises in Victoria
- Queen Mary University of London, LLB Law
- College of Law, London Moorgate
Rosalind is a Senior Litigation Solicitor who qualified in 1989 and who is based at our Bromley Office.
Rosalind spent the first 10 years of her legal career at the “Magic Circle” City firm Allen & Overy where she was a solicitor in their Litigation Department dealing with large financial and contractual disputes. Following a year at another City firm, Baker & McKenzie, Rosalind decided to move out of the City to a more local firm where she would be advising individuals and small & medium-sized businesses and where her advice would make a real difference.
Rosalind spent the next 18 years at Dodd Lewis (formerly James & Charles Dodd) where she became a Partner and ran the Litigation and Dispute Resolution Department. She is now an expert in most areas of Litigation and Dispute Resolution, including Employment law and disputes and residential and commercial tenancies, helping clients with all their various problems and prides herself on bringing clients her City experience at a local price.
She will always consider all ways to avoid a dispute where possible but will then be a tough and tenacious litigator for her clients. In 2017, Rosalind joined Wellers and it is confirmation of her rapport with clients that so many of them also decided to follow her to Wellers.
Rosalind has built up an impressive CV in all aspects of Contentious Probate disputes and is a member of the Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists (“ACTAPS”). She works closely with her colleagues in the Private Client department to bring her clients a seamless service of advice and assistance at what is often a sad and difficult time, whether helping resist challenges to the Will or rules of Intestacy or bringing those same challenges.
Here are just a few typical examples of where Rosalind has been able to help clients in difficult situations:
- Barnes –v- Phillips  EWCA Civ 1056 – Acting for a client in a case pursuant to ToLATA 1996 where the Court of Appeal upheld the lower Judge’s decision that the client’s beneficial interest in the property had been increased from 50% to 85% after Mr Barnes had moved out
- Acting for a client who lost her business and also her home when another firm of solicitors failed to protect her right to a new commercial tenancy and obtaining significant compensation for her.
- Acting for a client whose father had been illiterate and proving that the Will he signed cannot have been valid and ensuring that she was paid her rightful share of his estate.
- Acting for a minor child and his mother who had been effectively left out of his father’s Will and ensuring that at Trial he received a significant share of his late father’s estate.
- Acting for a client whose father had been unduly influenced to “give” his only property to the client’s sister, successfully overturning that “gift” and resolving the division of the father’s estate after his death without the need for a Court trial.
- Acting for a client claiming that his mother had promised to leave him half her estate if he carried out various work and successfully resolving his claim after his mother disinherited him.
- Acting for the widow of a deceased who had essentially been written out of his Will and successfully obtaining half his estate for her at Trial.
Richard is a Private Client Solicitor covering the Surrey area, based in our East Horsley office.
Richard qualified in 2002 at the City firm SJ Berwin where he practiced as a financial services Lawyer. In 2005 he changed practice area and joined Fredric Hall as a private client lawyer, where he worked until 2017 and was a partner from 2009-2017.
Richard advises clients in the full range of Private Client work – Wills and Powers of Attorney drafting, Probate and Estate administration and Court of Protection work.
Richard is a keen sportsman – historically playing tennis and golf, but increasingly open water swimming and cycling.
Senior Solicitor - Commercial Property
Nina deals with all aspects of commercial property and investment property. This includes advice on identifying and acquiring both commercial and residential portfolios as well as locating and dealing with the legal aspects of high value residential property sale and purchase.
Nina works closely with clients to the following services:
- Acquisitions and disposals of freehold and leasehold commercial and residential premises and mixed use developments.
- Landlord and tenant issues.
- Portfolio management.
- Site assembly and development.
- Real estate finance.
Nina advises a wide variety of clients including the following:
- Property developers
- Investors, including overseas investors
- Hotels; restaurants and public houses
- High net worth individuals
Nina says – “It is immensely satisfying to work with a client to discuss their objectives and then get to work to ensure that these objectives are met.”
Manveen is an experienced Family Law solicitor who works in our London City office. Since qualifying in 2004 Manveen has practiced solely in Family Law. She is an accredited specialist in finance and children issues, having conducted many cases of considerable wealth, cross jurisdictional issues and complex financial and children arrangements.
Manveen has dealt with cases involving all levels of wealth (high, medium and low) often achieving favourable outcomes for her clients. This has involved dealing with assets involving either one property or a large property portfolio, pensions, international assets, companies and business assets. Often these cases involve issues of non-disclosure, non-compliance and attempts to dissipate assets. Manveen will leave no stone unturned and as and when necessary she will advise on the appropriate remedies available to her clients to ensure the most positive outcome. Through her work in Family Law Manveen has filed applications for freezing orders concerning assets and accounts, obtained cost orders for chronic failures by the opponent and issued applications for enforcement remedies to implement orders.
Manveen also has experience of assisting clients with preparing pre-nuptial and post-nuptial agreements.
In Children matters Manveen has represented parents in Children Arrangement Disputes including contact and residence as well as abduction, relocation and also enforcement remedies for failing to adhere to the terms of court orders with penalties to the opponent to undertake unpaid work.
In addition to the above Manveen will deal with other wider areas of family Law such as cohabitation disputes, Separation and Appeals to a higher court. Manveen has a reported case from the Court of Appeal on cohabitation (Slater v Condappa  EWCA Civ 1506).
Solicitor - Immigration Law
Ros provides a friendly and personalised service. This is important because each case is different and each client is different. Therefore Ros focuses on your specific needs and this is true whether you are:
- a business bringing key people into the UK;
- an entrepreneur who wants to do business and live in the UK;
- an individual who wants to work or study in the UK;
- An individual who wants to make arrangements for your children or other family members to study or go to school in the UK
The rules governing immigration law can be complex and sometimes difficult to understand. Ros will explain the options that are open to you and then make sure that we take the best course of action – one that achieves the outcome that you want.
Ros qualified as a solicitor in 2006 and has over a decade of experience in dealing with all aspects of Immigration and Human Rights cases. Ros also deals with European Legislation and the effect of this in UK immigration rules and issues.
Ros says – “I am absolutely passionate about what I do. From helping people into more rewarding and stable lives to enabling businesses to operate and create jobs in the UK, my job is about making people happy and what could be better than that!”
Koysor is a senior solicitor in our residential and commercial property department in our Bromley office.
Koysor undertook his Law degree at the University of Westminster and then completed his Legal Practice Course at the London College of Law Bloomsbury. Koysor was admitted on to the role of solicitors in June 2010.
He undertakes all aspects of freehold and leasehold purchases and sales including high value complex transactions. He also undertakes lease extensions both formal under the Act and informal, collective enfranchisement, remortgages, transfer of equity, auction sales and purchases, BTL and developer investments, right to buy and new build transactions.
Koysor also acts for clients in the sale of small to medium sized businesses and undertakes all aspects of commercial lease drafting, lease renewals, assigning leases, rent deposits, rent reviews, lease determination/surrender, lease breaches/forfeiture and premises alterations amongst other things.
Koysor also has an extensive background in dispute resolution, civil and commercial litigation and landlord and tenant law.
In his spare time Koysor is an avid football fan and tries to play regularly. He also enjoys travelling and cooking.
Quang is a Senior Solicitor in our Family Law Department. He undertakes all areas of work in family law, which includes divorce and civil partnership dissolution, financial and property disputes, all children matters and domestic abuse injunctions.
Quang’s experiences have enabled him to develop his skills as an efficient and thorough solicitor, which he combines with a friendly and approachable style.
Quang is a Resolution Accredited Specialist with particular specialisms in financial remedies, children matters and domestic abuse. Quang sits on Resolution’s Standards Committee and he has contributed to Resolution’s Good Practice Guides and Guidance Notes.
Quang is committed to the constructive resolution of family disputes and follows Resolution’s Code of Practice that promotes a non-confrontational approach to family problems.
Outside of work, Quang enjoys travelling, going to the gym and cooking
I have had the pleasure of being represented by Wellers Family law and particularly Lorraine and Quang… I have always found them only interested in acting on my behalf and know the law inside out which has resulted yet again in achieving the desired result.
Divorces and child cases are often very emotional and the games that get played are often more a distraction than fact but these guys wade through the smoke and mirrors to present facts of the case. Believe in how they approach things and you will get the desired results.
As a member of Resolution Louise takes a constructive approach to assisting her clients in bringing their marriage or relationship to a legal conclusion. She encourages an amicable approach to resolving disputes, recommending alternative ways of dealing with a matter such as mediation, collaborative law or arbitration, whist drawing on her significant litigation experience where necessary.
Throughout her career Louise has undertaken all aspects of Family Law including divorce, resolving the financial aspects arising from divorce, to include complex and significant assets as well as advising cohabiting couples on relationship breakdown regarding the ownership of property as well as financial provision for any children of the family. She also advises on pre and post marriage agreements and separation agreements for a variety of clients.
In terms of Louise’s private children work this includes: child arrangement orders, specific issue orders and prohibited steps orders. She has experience of complex children cases to include issues of harm, children with complex needs and where there are allegations of domestic violence. She is also experienced in cases involving removal from the jurisdiction as well as cases of internal relocation.
On qualification Louise undertook private client work, including Wills, administration of estates and Powers of Attorney and in recent years has continued to conduct this work alongside and in conjunction with her family work. Combining these two legal disciplines means that Louise can bring clients a more complete service.
Louise prides herself on supporting her client’s through their legal journey which has resulted in recommendations and referrals from her clients and contacts.
Richard leads our Wellers Hedleys team across our three Surrey offices. He has over ten years’ experience specialising in all aspects of property law including:
- Sale and purchase of freehold and leasehold land
- Option agreements
- Secured lending
- Residential and commercial leases
- Lease extensions
- Transfers of equity
- Equity release
- Shared Ownership
- Declarations of trust
Richard has acted for private individuals (both domestic and foreign-based), high profile sport and entertainment professionals and property developers as well as managing the property portfolios of a number of his commercial clients.
Prior to joining Wellers, Richard headed up two award-winning legal teams and has been instrumental in their ongoing growth and continuing success.
Having qualified in London, Richard is based in Surrey and has a detailed knowledge of the local area which adds useful context to his advice. He is known for his personable and pragmatic approach to achieve the best possible outcomes for his clients quickly and efficiently.