Investment and Capital Raising
Investment Structuring and Capital Raising07775 973 054 Email Guy
Guy Ruddle is an investment structurer and analyst, and a Director of Wellers Impact which specialises in social impact investments.
Guy is a qualified accountant with more than twelve years of experience within the financial services sector. He trained with Deloitte in South Africa, Australia and Ireland. He then spent over six years at Man Group PLC in London managing their Structured Products Valuation Team followed by three years with Morgan Stanley in London helping to set up a Global Financial Resources Team within the Equities Division. He spent the last three years at Truestone Impact Investment Management Ltd where he was the Senior Investment Analyst, a member of the Investment Management Committee and assisted the CEO on the sale of the financial advisory part of the business.
Guy is also a Director of Wellers Impact, an FCA authorised investment business that works with global charities and businesses to help them unlock their real estate and other assets. This investment management business aims to deliver a fair return to investors and deliver a transformational social outcome, an investment class known as Impact Investing. The investment team is currently delivering on a 16 storey commercial building project partnering with CMS Africa, an NGO based in Nairobi, Kenya and has over $1bn of projects available for development in its pipeline.
Gary is an experienced commercial property lawyer and consultant who can cover all aspects of commercial investment and development work, overage and development agreements, commercial lease transactions for landlords and tenants (including office, retail, restaurants and industrial estates), telecommunications and secured lending.
He also acts for a wide range of non-property businesses which include franchisees, hoteliers and a cinema proprietor as well as for charities and individuals, on their property needs.
Alongside his commercial expertise, Gary acts on residential property transactions for investors and owner occupiers. Having qualified in 1998, Gary has handled many hundreds of residential matters during his career. He acts for developers on the acquisition of development sites, related finance and the disposal of the finished product.
Gary advises on:
- Asset management
- Corporate Occupiers
- Real Estate Development
- Real Estate Finance
- Real Estate Investment
- Real Estate Taxation
- Acquisitions and Disposals
- Commercial leases
- Exclusivity agreements
- Grant of new leases for developers
- Landlord and tenant matters
- Lease variations
- Licences for alterations
- Property Investment
- Transfer of equity
Corporate Litigation & Dispute Resolution
Personal Litigation & Dispute Resolution020 7481 6383 email Joe
Joe is a civil and commercial litigator covering a wide range of practice areas including commercial and contract litigation, property disputes including landlord and tenant litigation, banking and corporate disputes, professional negligence and debt recovery.
Having qualified in 2010, Joe was previously a Partner in a West End Practice and most recently spent time working on a large scale regulatory matter in Dubai.
Joe’s experience includes:-
- Advising clients facing a possession claim brought by an institutional landlord in respect of premises in Holland Park, including negotiating settlement of the claim
- Representing a landlord with an extensive London property portfolio in proceedings brought by a Local Authority under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002
- Representing a landlord in a claim for interim rent under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954
- Advising a commercial landlord in a £220,000 dilapidations claim against Kwikfit
- Advising a commercial landlord in a possession claim over premises let under an expired licence
- General advice and representation in relation to boundary and right of way disputes, forfeiture, rent recovery, dilapidations and service charge disputes
Contract and Commercial
- Advising borrowers and personal guarantors in a dispute involving the construction of a private loan agreement, including advising on the enforceability of a penalty clause under the agreement
- Advising a commercial landlord in a dispute with Npower, including advising on the construction and commencement of an energy supply agreement
- Successfully securing summary judgment in respect of a contractual claim for a deposit following a buyer’s failure to complete
- Advising on banking disputes including a set-aside application against HSBC in relation to non-enforceability of a personal guarantee
- Successfully securing compensation for a commercial entity in a claim against RBS resulting from the mis-sale of an Interest Rate Hedging Product (SWAP)
- General debt recovery on behalf of commercial clients including professional service providers and SMEs
- Successfully acting for an executor and beneficiary in relation to a probate dispute concerning disclosure of estate information, including substantial recovery of costs
- Advising a beneficiary in an inheritance dispute including successful mediation and settlement of the claim
- Advising intended beneficiaries in a professional negligence claim against solicitors following failure to finalise a testator’s will
- Advising a client in respect of a claim in professional negligence against solicitors, arising from complex trust litigation
- Advising a restaurateur in a professional negligence claim against solicitors following failure to advise on the presence of a planning restriction on commercial premises in Victoria
- Queen Mary University of London, LLB Law
- College of Law, London Moorgate
Residential Conveyancing020 8290 7986 Email Sara
Sara is a commercial and residential conveyancing secretary, assisting John McLarney in our Bromley office
Corporate Litigation & Dispute Resolution
Personal Litigation & Dispute Resolution01372 750 102 Email Craig
Please be aware that Craig's name has recently been used on a fax phishing exercise, primarily targeting firms in the USA. If you have received a fax purporting to be from Craig, please ignore it. It is not from Wellers Law Group.
Craig qualified as a solicitor in 2001 and was a partner at his previous firm. He joined the litigation department at Wellers Hedleys at their Butler House offices in Great Bookham in September 2018.
Craig largely specialises in property related disputes and property litigation, particularly commercial and residential landlord and tenant disputes, business tenancy renewals and oppositions under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954, dilapidation claims, possession claims, the acquisition and protection of rights over land such as prescriptive easements, other disputes relating to easements, the enforcement and discharge of freehold covenants, adverse possession, disputes over boundaries, trespass and nuisance. Craig appears in the County Court for possession claims and other chambers advocacy.
Craig’s other practice areas include trusts of land and co-ownership disputes under the Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996, contractual disputes, consumer law, licensing, debt recovery, judgment enforcement proceedings and some insolvency work.
Alison is secretary to Nina Rajani in the Commercial Property department of our London office
Parish Council services
Power of Attorney, Wills, Trusts & Estate01372 750109 Email Mariam
Mariam is a solicitor and a key member of the Parish Council advice team, based in our Surrey offices.
With a broad base of legal experience, Mariam is also able to advise on property, charity law and private client matters, including Wills, Powers of Attorney and probate.
Company & Commercial Law
Company Secretarial020 8290 7951 Email
Tony was the Senior Partner of Wellers Solicitors prior to the firm becoming an LLP in October 2010. He graduated from Oxford University in 1977 and specialises in Company and Commercial work in which field he acts for public companies and national institutions.
More recently his responsibilities centre primarily around managing the firm and leading its strategic direction.
He was for many years a Deacon and Chairman of Finance of a Baptist Church and thereafter was on the PCC of his local Anglican Church.
Outside the office apart from having two young and very active children Tony lists golf and sailing among his pursuits. He has competed in both transatlantic and cross channel races.
Very many thanks not only for the money but for the way you and your team have always given me sound advice and progressed this matter with vigor.
–– Roger Sparkes, D & M Sparkes
Parish Council services01372 750103 Email Asma
Asma is a solicitor in the Commercial Property team specialising in transactional property work.
Asma advises investors, developers, business occupiers, Parish Councils and individuals on a variety of commercial property transactions including acquisitions, disposals, negotiation of business leases and portfolio management. Asma is both proactive and pragmatic in her approach, achieving creative solutions and outstanding results for her clients.
Asma graduated in Law from City University in London and studied the Legal Practice Course at the College of Law in Guildford.
Asma previously had over 10 years’ experience at City law firm, Carter Lemon Camerons LLP working in the Commercial Property team.
In her free time Asma enjoys travel abroad, reading and spending time with her family.
Corporate Litigation & Dispute Resolution
Residential Conveyancing020 8295 1989 Email Susan
Consultant - Commercial & Residential Property
Susan has over 40 years’ experience working in the legal profession, working initially for a large firm of Solicitors in Fleet Street, studying in her spare time to qualify as a Legal Executive. She qualified as a solicitor in 1991 and ran her own practice for 20 years before merging with Wellers in 2016. She has wide experience in all aspects of residential property law, and general commercial contract and property disputes, she strives to provide a personal service and to build relationships with clients, a lot of whom she has worked with for many years.
In her spare time Susan enjoys cycling, walking and bell ringing, and is a Church of England Licenced Lay Minister.