Helen has been a solicitor specialising in family law for over 18 years. She was a Partner at her previous firm for 11 years before joining Wellers solicitors in July 2019. Helen studied Law with German Law at King's College University of London and Passau University Germany, obtaining both an LLB (Hons) and a Diploma in German Law in 1997. She completed the Legal Practice Course at the College of Law London in 1998 and is a member of Resolution, the Law Society's Family Law Accreditation Scheme and Bromley and District Law Society's Committee.
Helen helps clients with all aspects of family law – divorce and separation, cohabitation, civil partnerships, pre- and post- nuptial agreements, financial matters (e.g. property, pensions, shares, business assets, inherited wealth), domestic violence and children issues. With regard to children, she has covered both public and private children law cases including relocation, child abduction, child arrangement orders and prohibited steps orders.
Helen has a friendly and approachable manner. Whilst sympathetic to a client’s needs, she is always honest and realistic about the likely outcome. Helen will always try through negotiation and mediation to reach a fair settlement but if this fails, she aims to achieve very good results at Court.
Helen’s interests out of work include travel, theatre and cinema.
Jeanette has over 10 years’ experience working as a solicitor in residential conveyancing and she deals with all aspects of residential conveyancing transactions for a wide range of client in relation to buying and selling of freehold and leasehold properties, re-mortgages, pre-auction advice, transfer of equity, equity release, right to buy and help to buy transactions.
Following completion of the LPC, Jeanette joined a firm of solicitors in Greenwich as a trainee solicitor and qualified in 2008. She was then employed by a larger firm in South East London, specialising in all aspects of residential conveyancing and working with various offices around the UK. Jeanette joined the conveyancing department at Wellers in July 2019.
Jeanette has acted on a wide range of matters and property types in Chislehurst and nearby areas. She believes in providing a high quality service, building relationships with clients and taking the time to understand their needs. She endeavours to make the process as stress-free as possible.
In her spare time, Jeanette enjoys swimming and spending time with family and friends.
“Many thanks for handling our conveyancing recently. You made what could have been an extremely stressful time bearable. From our first meeting to completion we felt confident and happy”
“We really appreciate all your hard work & support. You made the whole ordeal bearable. We are truly grateful for everything you have done us”
Joe is a civil and commercial litigator covering a wide range of practice areas including commercial and contract litigation, property disputes including landlord and tenant litigation, banking and corporate disputes, professional negligence and debt recovery.
Having qualified in 2010, Joe was previously a Partner in a West End Practice and most recently spent time working on a large scale regulatory matter in Dubai.
Joe’s experience includes:-
- Advising clients facing a possession claim brought by an institutional landlord in respect of premises in Holland Park, including negotiating settlement of the claim
- Representing a landlord with an extensive London property portfolio in proceedings brought by a Local Authority under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002
- Representing a landlord in a claim for interim rent under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954
- Advising a commercial landlord in a £220,000 dilapidations claim against Kwikfit
- Advising a commercial landlord in a possession claim over premises let under an expired licence
- General advice and representation in relation to boundary and right of way disputes, forfeiture, rent recovery, dilapidations and service charge disputes
Contract and Commercial
- Advising borrowers and personal guarantors in a dispute involving the construction of a private loan agreement, including advising on the enforceability of a penalty clause under the agreement
- Advising a commercial landlord in a dispute with Npower, including advising on the construction and commencement of an energy supply agreement
- Successfully securing summary judgment in respect of a contractual claim for a deposit following a buyer’s failure to complete
- Advising on banking disputes including a set-aside application against HSBC in relation to non-enforceability of a personal guarantee
- Successfully securing compensation for a commercial entity in a claim against RBS resulting from the mis-sale of an Interest Rate Hedging Product (SWAP)
- General debt recovery on behalf of commercial clients including professional service providers and SMEs
- Successfully acting for an executor and beneficiary in relation to a probate dispute concerning disclosure of estate information, including substantial recovery of costs
- Advising a beneficiary in an inheritance dispute including successful mediation and settlement of the claim
- Advising intended beneficiaries in a professional negligence claim against solicitors following failure to finalise a testator’s will
- Advising a client in respect of a claim in professional negligence against solicitors, arising from complex trust litigation
- Advising a restaurateur in a professional negligence claim against solicitors following failure to advise on the presence of a planning restriction on commercial premises in Victoria
- Queen Mary University of London, LLB Law
- College of Law, London Moorgate
Mohit is a Property Solicitor based in our Bromley office.
As a member of Resolution Louise takes a constructive approach to assisting her clients in bringing their marriage or relationship to a legal conclusion. She encourages an amicable approach to resolving disputes, recommending alternative ways of dealing with a matter such as mediation, collaborative law or arbitration, whist drawing on her significant litigation experience where necessary.
Throughout her career Louise has undertaken all aspects of Family Law including divorce, resolving the financial aspects arising from divorce, to include complex and significant assets as well as advising cohabiting couples on relationship breakdown regarding the ownership of property as well as financial provision for any children of the family. She also advises on pre and post marriage agreements and separation agreements for a variety of clients.
In terms of Louise’s private children work this includes: child arrangement orders, specific issue orders and prohibited steps orders. She has experience of complex children cases to include issues of harm, children with complex needs and where there are allegations of domestic violence. She is also experienced in cases involving removal from the jurisdiction as well as cases of internal relocation.
On qualification Louise undertook private client work, including Wills, administration of estates and Powers of Attorney and in recent years has continued to conduct this work alongside and in conjunction with her family work. Combining these two legal disciplines means that Louise can bring clients a more complete service.
Louise prides herself on supporting her client’s through their legal journey which has resulted in recommendations and referrals from her clients and contacts.
Luke is a Property solicitor based in our London City office.
Richard leads our Wellers Hedleys team across our three Surrey offices. He has over ten years’ experience specialising in all aspects of property law including:
- Sale and purchase of freehold and leasehold land
- Option agreements
- Secured lending
- Residential and commercial leases
- Lease extensions
- Transfers of equity
- Equity release
- Shared Ownership
- Declarations of trust
Richard has acted for private individuals (both domestic and foreign-based), high profile sport and entertainment professionals and property developers as well as managing the property portfolios of a number of his commercial clients.
Prior to joining Wellers, Richard headed up two award-winning legal teams and has been instrumental in their ongoing growth and continuing success.
Having qualified in London, Richard is based in Surrey and has a detailed knowledge of the local area which adds useful context to his advice. He is known for his personable and pragmatic approach to achieve the best possible outcomes for his clients quickly and efficiently.
Matthew is a solicitor in our Company commercial team advising on company commercial matters for a wide variety of clients in our London City office.
Matthew trained at an award winning boutique law firm in Covent Garden (which specialised in the digital media and creative industries) and since qualifying in 2000, has worked in-house at one of the world’s largest IT Distribution companies and at a leading accountancy firm.
His broad experience includes (cross border) private company mergers and acquisitions, asset sales/purchases, agreements, LLP and shareholders/partnership arrangements, loan agreements and company restructuring together with the design, implementation and operation of EMI options and other equity based employee incentive schemes.
Matthew also advises private companies of all sizes with their day to day business issues including terms and conditions, intellectual property rights and data protection.
Outside of the office, Matthew is the Hon. Secretary of the Arthur Dunn Cup (the world’s second oldest football knock out cup after the FA Cup). This, together with his lifelong support of a club from the north west of England who play in red and its seemingly ending quest to win the Premiership title has taught him the virtues of patience, persistence and doggedness.
Sangeeta qualified as a solicitor in 2012 and joined the Wellers team in June 2018 as Head of Private Client services in our London Office.
Her specialisms include wills, probate and contentions probate and trusts. She also advices extensively in estate planning, lasting powers of attorney and Court of Protection work.
Sangeeta is also a Trust & Estate Practitioner (TEP) and a full member of the Society of Trust & Estate Practitioner (STEP) and sits as a member on the STEP Member’s Committee. She is also asked to regularly to speak and present on her specialist topics at various engagements.
In her spare time, Sangeeta is a regular volunteer within her local community and enjoys spending time with her family.
Frances is a solicitor in the Town and Parish Council department. Frances is based at the Butler House office in Great Bookham and also works remotely from Leicestershire providing a local contact for clients in the Midlands and further north.
Having worked professionally within the local council sector for over six years, Frances has a practical understanding of the legal issues encountered by Town, Parish and Community Councils and the unique regulatory environment in which they operate. In her previous role Frances managed the Advice and Training service for a County Association and she now continues to work closely with several County Associations and Town and Parish Councils across the country to provide specialist legal advice and training.