However, property disputes are a heavily regulated and technical area. It may not be cost-effective to commence court proceedings in low-value claims. Citizens Advice has lots of information on making a complaint to your landlord. Please note that we are unable to assist in social housing matters.
If you are a business tenant or a commercial landlord, we offer a comprehensive set of services in relation to commercial property landlord and tenant disputes.
Short term lettings
For residential landlords, if your tenant has stopped paying rent or you want possession of your property, we have extensive experience in this area to advise and support you, and ultimately help you reach suitable and cost-effective resolution with your tenant.
As a tenant, perhaps your landlord is not dealing with his repair obligations as stated in the tenancy agreement or you have a tenancy deposit claim. In many cases, landlord and tenant disputes such as these can be resolved with mediation and negotiation and it may not be necessary or financially viable to start court proceedings.
We deal with the following matters for residential landlord and tenants:
- Landlord repossession actions including organising bailiff evictions
- Repossession claims based upon expiry of the assured shorthold tenancy (Section 21 Notice claims)
- Rent arrears claims
- Breach of tenancy claims (covenants)
- Defending tenancy deposit claims
- Bringing and defending claims for unlawful eviction
- Bringing and defending housing disrepair claims
- Claims concerning old (Rent Act and earlier) tenancies
- Regulatory compliance
Please note, we are unable to assist in social housing matters.
Find out more about the remedies that exist for landlords where rent is no longer being paid.
Long leasehold disputes
We advise and act for both landlords and tenants in court and tribunal proceedings concerning disputes and issues involving:
- Breaches of covenant, forfeiture and enforcement
- The reasonableness and recoverability of service charges
- The right to manage
- Management audits
- Corporate governance of tenant-owned freeholds and related issues
- Qualifying works and agreements
- Rights of first refusal
- Individual and collective enfranchisement
- Appointment of a manager
- Selection and performance of managing agents
- Interpretation and variation of leases
- Associated drafting and advice on lease terms
Please note that we are unable to assist in social housing matters.
To find out more about our services, please contact:
|email@example.com||London||020 7481 2422|
|firstname.lastname@example.org||Bromley||020 8464 4242|
|email@example.com||Sevenoaks||01732 446 361|