Consultant - Commercial & Residential Property
Susan has over 40 years’ experience working in the legal profession, working initially for a large firm of Solicitors in Fleet Street, studying in her spare time to qualify as a Legal Executive. She qualified as a solicitor in 1991 and ran her own practice for 20 years before merging with Wellers in 2016. She has wide experience in all aspects of residential property law, and general commercial contract and property disputes, she strives to provide a personal service and to build relationships with clients, a lot of whom she has worked with for many years.
In her spare time Susan enjoys cycling, walking and bell ringing, and is a Church of England Licenced Lay Minister.
Joe is a civil and commercial litigator covering a wide range of practice areas including commercial and contract litigation, property disputes including landlord and tenant litigation, banking and corporate disputes, professional negligence and debt recovery.
Having qualified in 2010, Joe was previously a Partner in a West End Practice and most recently spent time working on a large scale regulatory matter in Dubai.
Joe’s experience includes:-
- Advising clients facing a possession claim brought by an institutional landlord in respect of premises in Holland Park, including negotiating settlement of the claim
- Representing a landlord with an extensive London property portfolio in proceedings brought by a Local Authority under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002
- Representing a landlord in a claim for interim rent under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954
- Advising a commercial landlord in a £220,000 dilapidations claim against Kwikfit
- Advising a commercial landlord in a possession claim over premises let under an expired licence
- General advice and representation in relation to boundary and right of way disputes, forfeiture, rent recovery, dilapidations and service charge disputes
Contract and Commercial
- Advising borrowers and personal guarantors in a dispute involving the construction of a private loan agreement, including advising on the enforceability of a penalty clause under the agreement
- Advising a commercial landlord in a dispute with Npower, including advising on the construction and commencement of an energy supply agreement
- Successfully securing summary judgment in respect of a contractual claim for a deposit following a buyer’s failure to complete
- Advising on banking disputes including a set-aside application against HSBC in relation to non-enforceability of a personal guarantee
- Successfully securing compensation for a commercial entity in a claim against RBS resulting from the mis-sale of an Interest Rate Hedging Product (SWAP)
- General debt recovery on behalf of commercial clients including professional service providers and SMEs
- Successfully acting for an executor and beneficiary in relation to a probate dispute concerning disclosure of estate information, including substantial recovery of costs
- Advising a beneficiary in an inheritance dispute including successful mediation and settlement of the claim
- Advising intended beneficiaries in a professional negligence claim against solicitors following failure to finalise a testator’s will
- Advising a client in respect of a claim in professional negligence against solicitors, arising from complex trust litigation
- Advising a restaurateur in a professional negligence claim against solicitors following failure to advise on the presence of a planning restriction on commercial premises in Victoria
- Queen Mary University of London, LLB Law
- College of Law, London Moorgate
Eve is a Junior Administrator supporting the property team at our Chislehurst office
Frankly I could not be more satisfied with your service which I hope I haven’t kept a secret from you...I can’t thank you enough for your help and support through our move Tracy, you hugely reduced my stress levels and were always a voice of experience and knowledge that I found immensely helpful.
Nicole joined the Wellers team in March 2018. With over 15 years of experience, Nicole is a specialist who excels in advising clients in matters of Wills, probate and Lasting Powers of Attorney. Nicole specialises in advising on complex Wills for clients who have multifaceted estates. She is also currently working to formalise her immense experience through the CILEX qualification.
Outside of work, Nicole enjoys spending time with her family and friends.”
Helen assists Cara Hughes and Craig Batko at our East Horsley office.
Wendy is secretary to Susan Heads in our Chislehurst office.
Sara is a commercial and residential conveyancing secretary, assisting John McLarney in our Bromley office
Annelise qualified as a Chartered Legal Executive in 2013 working in both the Private Client and Litigation departments in Sevenoaks.
Annelise cut her teeth practising personal injury litigation in Legal 500 firms in London. She has since expanded her practice into general litigation and private client work. With an expertise and particular interest in contested probate and Inheritance Act claims, Annelise has organically developed her practice to include the preparation of wills, lasting powers of attorney, succession planning and probate. Annelise also takes on general litigation work and has a strong background in consumer law, contract disputes, neighbour/nuisance disputes and animal law as well as personal injury.
Annelise prides herself on being very approachable and is highly client focused listening carefully to her clients’ concerns, whilst identifying the material issues and giving sound and practical advice to achieve the best and most cost effective outcome in the circumstances.
Penny is a Personal injury Solicitor working within the Dispute Resolution Department
Penny has many years’ experience in dealing with accident and injury claims and in achieving excellent results for her clients, the majority of whom are referred to her by recommendation.
In addition to her Solicitor’s qualifications, Penny also holds an honours degree in History and a Private pilot’s licence. In her spare time she enjoys travelling, flying, reading and classic films.
“After having lunch at a local garden centre, my husband Mr W who is elderly, disabled and walks with the aid of a wheelie walker was walking out through the automatic doors when they closed unexpectedly, knocking him to the ground. His main injury was a fractured clavicle but after a 7 week stay in hospital his mobility was never properly recovered. Under the circumstances we felt some that some financial compensation should be due to us. Wellers have acted for us in the past and so we went to them and our case was taken on by Penny Langdon. Penny set to work vigorously, coming down to see us and going to the garden centre to take measurements and photographs of the doors. We felt that we really could trust her to reach a good conclusion. She worked through all the legal procedures and a settlement of £10,000.00 was made. We were very happy with that and really grateful to Penny for the friendly way she encouraged us and obtained a fair settlement”.
–– Mrs W, May 28 2014
“Following a fall in a supermarket I contacted Wellers solicitors and Penny Langdon was assigned to my case. I was very impressed with the service I received from Penny. She was exceptionally kind and supportive throughout the process. She was very good at explaining things in a way I could understand. My claim turned out to be quite a complicated one and she worked hard to get a fair settlement of nearly £10,000 for me. I would definitely recommend her to anyone who finds themselves in a similar situation”.
–– Mrs C , May 2014
“Penny Langdon was dogged in her determination to secure fair compensation for me after my accident.
I fell over in the street after tripping on a broken pavement bollard and shattered my kneecap. I spent 5 days in hospital having my knee reconstructed and a long time in recovery. The Borough Council where I had the accident tried to evade their responsiblity but Penny was having none of it and they eventually admitted 80% liability.
I was delighted with the pay-out Penny secured for me and I cannot thank her enough for her kind support and efforts on my behalf”.
–– Mrs B, May 2014
“I received exceptional support from Penny Langdon after suffering a fall in a supermarket. I was extremely impressed with the support and information I received from Penny and the team. My case was settled quickly with no inconvenience. Penny always informed me of developments and discussed my questions in a way in which I could understand. Excellent support and an excellent result”.
–– Cheryl Walker, 12 Apr 2011
“I used the Services of Wellers Law Group due to my son impaling himself on some old victorian railings belonging to the local council. Penny Langdon was the solicitor acting on our behalf and was incredibly helpful, always available to talk to and very thorough. I would definitely recommend her services and will call on her services in the future if needed to do so. I rate her services 10/10. Thank you very much”.
–– Lisa Mcafee, 19 Jan 2011
“I have to say thanks very much to my solicitor because she was very careful with my case and gave me very personal attention throughout my situation. If I need help again I will contact you and even give your name to somebody that I know may need help. I WILL!!! To Solicitor Penny Langdon, my congratulations!!!”
– Jamie Vieira, 14 Jan 2011
“I’m very pleased with the service I received from Penny when she dealt with my personal injury claim following an accident at work. It was a very distressing time for me, and I found Penny to be very efficient and professional in dealing with my claim. She was very courteous, sympathetic and worked very hard to progress my claim against challenging deadlines.
Penny was very through in putting together my claim and I very happy that my claim was settled for a six figure amount. Thank you Penny and well done…”
"Wellers Law Group processed my claim for compensation following an accident. I was knocked off my bike by a bus. The service provided was efficient and professional."
–– David Timothy, 19 Jan 2011