Under recent Government plans, British Nationals Overseas (BNO) and their dependants will be given the right to remain in the UK, including right to work or study for five years. This change may have been prompted by the particular situation developing in Hong Kong but applies to all British Nationals Overseas.
Under the new Government plans, such persons will be eligible to apply for settlement after five years of living in the UK and after a further one year from obtaining settlement, they can apply for British Citizenship. BNO passport holders in Hong Kong will be able to travel to the UK immediately, subject to standard immigration checks.
BNO passport holders will not face salary thresholds to extend their visas. However it is not yet known how BNO passport holders who have overstayed in the UK will be treated by the Government.
What you can expect from Wellers immigration service?
The care and support we provide sets Wellers Immigration Service apart from other solicitors
- Give you a single point of contact and a fully personalised service
- Take the time to help you genuinely identify your ultimate objectives
- Provide advice on the correct type of application to meet your particular needs and the likelihood of success
- Guide you through completing and collating the correct supporting documents before we process your application
- Offer transparent and concise advice to keep the whole process simple and jargon free
- Provide alternative options to regularise and extend your stay in the UK
- Prepare and represent you at appeals
- Assist with overseas applications and have experience in making representations to Entry Clearance Officer’s abroad
- Guide you through the collation of supporting documents for your application.
- Advise you on the process, requirements and supporting documentation.
- Prepare your application with the recommended supporting evidence.
- Prepare letter of representation in support of applications.
- Prepare appeal grounds and submit to the First Tier Tribunal and Upper Tribunal.
- For appeal cases, we will prepare witness statements, statutory declarations, affidavits
- Brief you for appeal hearings.
- Prepare bundles for appeal hearings.
- Represent you at appeal hearings or instruct a barrister of your choice.
- Update you on the progress of applications and advise on deadlines.
- Prepare legal submissions when necessary.
- Draft and serve a Pre-Action Protocol prior to Judicial Review
Take advantage of our vast experience and expert support
Please call Ros Nunoo on 020 8290 7982 or email email@example.com