Corporate Litigation & Dispute Resolution
Personal Litigation & Dispute Resolution01372 750 100 Email Carol
Carol is Secretary to Craig Batko in the litigation department at our main Surrey office.
Marco is a Solicitor in the firm’s commercial real estate team and his practice areas include acquisitions, disposals, financing, development, asset management and corporate-related transactions. Marco is based in our London City office.
He advises on a wide range of property-related disputes including possession/forfeiture proceedings, service charge/rent disputes, dilapidation claims, breach of covenant actions and tenant insolvency matters.
His clients include multiple retailers, investment managers and private family offices whom he advises on all commercial and strategic legal aspects of their operations.
Marco has a diverse practice which also encompasses assisting his clients in the resolution of complex disputes in the fields of commercial litigation.
Corporate Litigation & Dispute Resolution
Personal Litigation & Dispute Resolution020 8464 4242 Email Rosalind
Rosalind is a Senior Litigation Solicitor who qualified in 1989 and who is based at our Bromley Office.
Rosalind spent the first 10 years of her legal career at the “Magic Circle” City firm Allen & Overy where she was a solicitor in their Litigation Department dealing with large financial and contractual disputes. Following a year at another City firm, Baker & McKenzie, Rosalind decided to move out of the City to a more local firm where she would be advising individuals and small & medium-sized businesses and where her advice would make a real difference.
Rosalind spent the next 18 years at Dodd Lewis (formerly James & Charles Dodd) where she became a Partner and ran the Litigation and Dispute Resolution Department. She is now an expert in most areas of Litigation and Dispute Resolution, including Employment law and disputes and residential and commercial tenancies, helping clients with all their various problems and prides herself on bringing clients her City experience at a local price.
She will always consider all ways to avoid a dispute where possible but will then be a tough and tenacious litigator for her clients. In 2017, Rosalind joined Wellers and it is confirmation of her rapport with clients that so many of them also decided to follow her to Wellers.
Rosalind has built up an impressive CV in all aspects of Contentious Probate disputes and is a member of the Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists (“ACTAPS”). She works closely with her colleagues in the Private Client department to bring her clients a seamless service of advice and assistance at what is often a sad and difficult time, whether helping resist challenges to the Will or rules of Intestacy or bringing those same challenges.
Here are just a few typical examples of where Rosalind has been able to help clients in difficult situations:
- Barnes –v- Phillips  EWCA Civ 1056 – Acting for a client in a case pursuant to ToLATA 1996 where the Court of Appeal upheld the lower Judge’s decision that the client’s beneficial interest in the property had been increased from 50% to 85% after Mr Barnes had moved out
- Acting for a client who lost her business and also her home when another firm of solicitors failed to protect her right to a new commercial tenancy and obtaining significant compensation for her.
- Acting for a client whose father had been illiterate and proving that the Will he signed cannot have been valid and ensuring that she was paid her rightful share of his estate.
- Acting for a minor child and his mother who had been effectively left out of his father’s Will and ensuring that at Trial he received a significant share of his late father’s estate.
- Acting for a client whose father had been unduly influenced to “give” his only property to the client’s sister, successfully overturning that “gift” and resolving the division of the father’s estate after his death without the need for a Court trial.
- Acting for a client claiming that his mother had promised to leave him half her estate if he carried out various work and successfully resolving his claim after his mother disinherited him.
- Acting for the widow of a deceased who had essentially been written out of his Will and successfully obtaining half his estate for her at Trial.
As a lawyer with over 30 years’ experience gained in-house and in private practice, Kim has worked with a variety of clients on corporate and commercial matters including business sales and acquisitions, shareholders agreements, joint ventures, partnership agreements, employee share schemes, IT and other commercial contracts.
She has worked both as an “in-house” lawyer in a multinational corporate and as a lawyer in a private law firm. Kim is committed to giving practical, easy to understand, commercial advice to help her clients across a wide scope of company and commercial legal matters.
Heather is secretary to Senior Partner, Tony Summers at our Bromley office.
Andreas is a highly competent solicitor who is qualified to handle matters across commercial litigation, international law and international arbitration. As Andreas is multilingual, speaking English, Greek, French and German, he can help a wide scope of clients with their litigation needs.
In terms of commercial litigation, Andreas has extensive experience dealing with matters such as directors’ liabilities, commercial contract disputes, insolvency proceedings and commercial debt.
Residential Conveyancing020 7481 6387 Email Nina
Senior Solicitor - Commercial Property
Nina deals with all aspects of commercial property and investment property. This includes advice on identifying and acquiring both commercial and residential portfolios as well as locating and dealing with the legal aspects of high value residential property sale and purchase.
Nina works closely with clients to the following services:
- Acquisitions and disposals of freehold and leasehold commercial and residential premises and mixed use developments.
- Landlord and tenant issues.
- Portfolio management.
- Site assembly and development.
- Real estate finance.
Nina advises a wide variety of clients including the following:
- Property developers
- Investors, including overseas investors
- Hotels; restaurants and public houses
- High net worth individuals
Nina says – “It is immensely satisfying to work with a client to discuss their objectives and then get to work to ensure that these objectives are met.”
Gary is an experienced commercial property lawyer and consultant who can cover all aspects of commercial investment and development work, overage and development agreements, commercial lease transactions for landlords and tenants (including office, retail, restaurants and industrial estates), telecommunications and secured lending.
He also acts for a wide range of non-property businesses which include franchisees, hoteliers and a cinema proprietor as well as for charities and individuals, on their property needs.
Alongside his commercial expertise, Gary acts on residential property transactions for investors and owner occupiers. Having qualified in 1998, Gary has handled many hundreds of residential matters during his career. He acts for developers on the acquisition of development sites, related finance and the disposal of the finished product.
Gary advises on:
- Asset management
- Corporate Occupiers
- Real Estate Development
- Real Estate Finance
- Real Estate Investment
- Real Estate Taxation
- Acquisitions and Disposals
- Commercial leases
- Exclusivity agreements
- Grant of new leases for developers
- Landlord and tenant matters
- Lease variations
- Licences for alterations
- Property Investment
- Transfer of equity
Company & Commercial Law
Parish Council services
Residential Conveyancing01483 284567 Email Roger
Roger is a Consultant with a great deal of knowledge and experience in advising Town, Parish and Community Councils.
Secretary to Jennifer O'Brien in our London City office.