Please follow these instructions carefully. Failure to do so will mean that your Will or Codicil may be wholly or partly invalid. If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- You must have two adult (over 18 years of age) witnesses who must not be persons who take any benefit (e.g. a legacy) under the document, or the spouses of such persons. All of you should be together throughout the signing of the document and should see one another sign. The witnesses do not have any right to see what is in the document unless you choose to show them. As it may not be possible at the present time to get your planned signatories as witnesses you should consider neighbours.
- Before signing, please fill in the date:
- in figures on the cover page (e.g. 25th February 2015)
- in words and figures at the top of the first page (e.g. this 25th day of February Two Thousand and Fifteen);
- Sign your usual signature in ink next to the bracketed paragraph on the final page;
- The witnesses should then sign their usual signatures and add their names, addresses and occupations, where indicated. In the present circumstances there is an important aspect of arranging your Will which is likely to prove difficult; getting it witnessed by the people you might have normally chosen. However neighbours are acceptable as witnesses. We will send you signing instructions. Of course you will still need to adhere to social distancing guidelines and everyone should use their own pens, with the Will placed on a table/flat surface and signed in turn by you and then your witnesses.
- After the document has been completed, please send it back to us. Please do not attach or paperclip anything to the document. We will check the document and send you a photocopy, retaining the original on your behalf (there is no charge for this).
SIGNED by the said JOHN DEAN SMITH )
as his last Will in the presence of us both )
present at the same time who at his ) J D Smith
request in his presence and in the )
presence of each other have hereunto )
subscribed our names as witnesses )
Signature: A C Brown Signature: B White
Name: ANDREW CLIVE BROWN Name: BARBARA WHITE
Address: 6 Cedar Grove, Address: 5 The Drive,
Essex RM14 3PJ Essex RM12 2YL
Occupation: Electrician Occupation: Secretary