Tuesday 19th November 2019 -Complimentary Seminar and Workshop in Central London
This session will give you three valuable tools:
- Awareness of the tactical and strategic approaches needed to manage media and stakeholder relations when a crisis hits, equipping you to respond more effectively when you need to.
- Clarity on the processes you need to have in place to respond appropriately to breach of data protection rules and notify the Information Commissioner’s Office in compliance with GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)
- The ability to identify the key governance policies that should be in place to reduce the risk of a crisis, in particular, submitting a Serious Incident Report to the Charity Commission and what we can learn from recent high profile crises in the sector
The event is designed for trustees and charity management teams, to help them identify the risks to reputation and revenue that they are running and how to manage the consequences when an issue arises.
Wellers Law Group
Wellers Law Group LLP represents over 400 charities on legal matters and has established itself as a leader in charity law, governance. For this session is collaborating with Alder to bring you a more rounded insight into crisis management, covering both the legal and the media related issues that must be addressed.
This full morning workshop, combining valuable presentations with tasks requiring delegates to work together to address crisis management problems.
Our speakers and moderators
Peter Spencer – Wellers Law Group Charity Law
Peter Spencer is a Solicitor specialising in charity law and governance and advises on the establishment and incorporation of charities, ongoing governance issues, compliance, re-structuring and Charity Commission enquiries.
Matthew Barry – Wellers Law Group Company and Commercial Law
Matthew Barry is a Solicitor who has been advising businesses and charities of all sizes on governance issues, encompassing data protection matters and is well-placed to help charities put in place processes that aid compliance in a way that is right for them.
Tim Toulmin – Managing Director, Alder
Tim Toulmin is Managing Director of Alder, advising many businesses and charities on management and communication issues. A former Director of The Press Complaints Commission, he is also an adviser to public affairs specialists Pagefield Communications and a trustee of Stonewall.
Agenda for the workshop
Venue: Metro Bank will be hosting this event at their meeting facilities at One Southampton Row, London WC18 5HA
Registration and refreshments from 8.30am
Presentations start at 9.00am
- Data Protection – GDPR and breach investigation and reporting
- Governance – where it can go wrong
- Introduction to crisis management principles
Break for coffee/tea
- Practical media workshop task – delegates will work together to develop a plan in response to a crisis scenario start 10.30am
- Feedback session 12.00pm
Session closes 12.20pm and refreshments served.
There is no charge for this workshop but we only have room for 30 delegates
Experience shows that this successful event works best with a maximum audience of 30 delegates. Therefore there are a limited number of places available. To book your place please call Cynthia Craven on 020 7481 6382, email Cynthia.email@example.com. Alternatively click here for our booking page.