Richard leads our Wellers Hedleys team across our three Surrey offices. He has over ten years’ experience specialising in all aspects of property law including:
- Sale and purchase of freehold and leasehold land
- Option agreements
- Secured lending
- Residential and commercial leases
- Lease extensions
- Transfers of equity
- Equity release
- Shared Ownership
- Declarations of trust
Richard has acted for private individuals (both domestic and foreign-based), high profile sport and entertainment professionals and property developers as well as managing the property portfolios of a number of his commercial clients.
Prior to joining Wellers, Richard headed up two award-winning legal teams and has been instrumental in their ongoing growth and continuing success.
Having qualified in London, Richard is based in Surrey and has a detailed knowledge of the local area which adds useful context to his advice. He is known for is personable and pragmatic approach to achieve the best possible outcomes for his clients quickly and efficiently.
Solicitor, Family Law
Keith is a Senior Family Law Solicitor with experience of all areas of Family Law including divorce, matrimonial finance (including high net worth divorce cases), disputes between unmarried couples, children matters and cases involving Domestic Abuse as well as advising on and preparing pre and post-nuptial agreements and cohabitation agreements.
He has many years’ experience in Family law having previously been responsible for developing the Family department of a niche firm in North London.
Whilst there Keith also had overall responsibility for the first group of claims within the blacklisting litigation in the High Court which “The Lawyer” deemed one of the Top 20 cases of 2016. Keith’s firm was one of the lead solicitors and as such managed along with three other firms the claims of over 800 construction workers against Sir Robert McAlpine and a number of other construction companies. This case settled with claimants receiving almost £25 million compensation.
Wanting to stay committed to his chosen field of Family Law and wishing to work closer to home, Keith joined Wellers in October 2016.
Solicitor - Wills, Trusts and Probate
Alice is a commercial and civil litigator with over 12 years’ experience in the City of London. She has a broad practice which includes commercial litigation, insolvency, fraud and church and charity disputes.
Case highlights include:-
- Acting for representatives of a consortium of over 150 shareholders with regard to the recovery of losses in relation to a PLC in administration
- Advising a financial services company on insurance coverage issues in relation to claims made in respect of unregulated collective investment schemes
- Settling a claim referred to arbitration in Sri Lanka
- Acting in Part 8 charity proceedings in the High Court Chancery Division involving committal proceedings against a number of Defendants
- Obtaining an injunction on behalf of a church to prevent access to the premises and advising a church in a dispute with its network
- Representing a Defendant in a 16 week trial in the Commercial Court in a claim brought by 500 Claimants against the providers of investment schemes for (amongst other matters) dishonest assistance and breach of trust
- Representing a Claimant in relation to a multi-million pound fraud involving the alleged dumping of waste materials
- Obtaining a freezing order against an employee who had allegedly misappropriated monies from the company’s bank account
- Advising a Russian client seeking advice after his bankruptcy had been discharged on the effect of a freezing order obtained prior to the bankruptcy
- Obtaining a judgment for damages in a high profile claim brought pursuant to the Protection from Harassment Act
- Acting for a high profile client in bringing a claim against the police for wrongful arrest
- Securing a settlement for a director defending a claim brought for misfeasance pursuant to s212 Insolvency Act 1986 and numerous other insolvency cases
- Representing a New Zealand client at a Privy Council hearing concerning Maori land rig•hts
- Acting for Claimants in a class action against the UK government in one of the first cases brought under the Human Rights Act.
- London Solicitors Litigation Association
- Lawyers Christian Fellowship
Press and publications
- “Making recoveries in bankruptcy situations” – Business Money, March 2010
- “Nearly free speech” – an article looking at lessons to be learned on privilege following the judgment in Mayer –v- Hoar , Commercial Litigation Journal, September/October 2012
Sally is a Solicitor in the Wills, Trusts and Probate department at Wellers Reece-Jones in Sevenoaks
Kulbir Conner has joined Wellers Hedleys in Great Bookham and specialises in property transactions both residential and commercial.
Kulbir has a breadth of property knowledge with over 13 years of experience in the field. She provides an efficient tailor made conveyancing service for her clients with the best possible outcomes. She lives in Surrey with her husband and two children who attend the local schools. In her spare time she enjoys reading, travelling, running, badminton and yoga.
Parmjit qualified as a solicitor in 2003 after completing his studies at University College, London and Queen Mary College, London. He joined Wellers Law Group in 2015.
Parmjit has wide ranging experience as a corporate and commercial lawyer especially in the technology and healthcare fields. He regularly advises on mergers and acquisitions transactions, management buy-outs, venture capital/private equity transactions, joint ventures and collaboration agreements.
He is also widely experienced in dealing with day to day commercial issues faced by companies, such as trade mark and brand protection, advising on terms of business and Companies Act compliance matters. He acts for a range of business clients including individuals, partnerships, start ups and SMEs that operate in a number of business sectors.
John is a residential and commercial property solicitor at our Sevenoaks office.
John studied law at Sheffield University and at Utrecht University. He went on to do the Legal Practice Course at Nottingham Law School where he received a Commendation. John has been qualified as a solicitor since November 2010. He specialises in both commercial and residential property law.
He has worked for small medium sized firms based around Kent and also in the City. He deals with all manner of property transactions including freehold and leasehold property sales, remortgages and financing, property development, buying and selling of businesses, lease extensions, collective enfranchisement, equity releases, auctions, new builds, compulsory purchases, Right to Buy, share ownership and transfers of equity amongst other matters.
John particularly enjoys client facing work and takes pride is providing an outstanding service. He tries to take a commercial view on matters wherever possible so that transactions proceed smoothly and speedily to completion. He believes that communication is paramount in all transactions be they big or small.
In his spare time, John likes to keep fit, travel, attend concerts and build computers.
John is a highly experienced property solicitor at our Bromley office.
John McLarney joined Wellers Law Group in Bromley as a Consultant in July 2017 having previously ran his own practice in Blackheath since the late 1990s. He specialises in residential and commercial property and in particular leases of industrial units and commercial property including offices and shops. John also has some experience in Local Government Law.
Outside of law, John enjoys gardening, walking, music and travelling.