Natalie joined Wellers Law in August 2018. She qualified in March 2002. She holds a BSc (Eng) Hons in Aeronautical Engineering and worked at British Aerospace and ERA Technology before commencing her legal training at CMS Cameron McKenna LLP.
After qualification she continued there, working on commercial agreements, corporate due diligence, product regulation, health and safety and data protection. Following on from CMS, Natalie has been with Surrey and South London regional firm Morrisons Solicitors for over 12 years providing corporate and commercial legal services to a wide range of businesses from start-ups to plcs.
Specialties: Natalie is a City-qualified solicitor with many years’ experience in a broad range of corporate and commercial legal matters, including: business and share sales, joint ventures and other commercial collaborations, shareholder disputes and agreements, directors’ and shareholders’ rights, company law formalities, partnerships, outsourcing, software and other IP licences and agreements, franchising, distribution and agency agreements, data protection and product regulation.
Natalie has been advising businesses regarding data protection matters since 2003 and this prior wealth of experience has enabled her to assist a wide range of business sectors to review their existing practices and bring their practices, policies and documentation into line with the requirements of GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018. Her practical advice has enabled the businesses to prioritise the actions needed and put in place solutions that are right for them.
• leading various transactions and shareholder disputes co-ordinating a cross-departmental team involving property, dispute resolution, employment and private client departments
• acting as remote in-house counsel for a wide range of local businesses for all their corporate and commercial legal needs, including acting as first port of call to enable all their legal needs to be resolved speedily and efficiently
• providing data protection advice to a leading microchip manufacturer
• co-ordinating commercial and IP due diligence in bid by leading pharmaceutical manufacturer for the manufacturing arm of Boots
• drafting, advising on and negotiating software licence agreements and marketing partnership agreement between government department and ISP relating to co-branded website
• drafting and negotiating IP agreements and other aspects in relation to acquisition of lighting manufacturer.