As a member of Resolution Louise takes a constructive approach to assisting her clients in bringing their marriage or relationship to a legal conclusion. She encourages an amicable approach to resolving disputes, recommending alternative ways of dealing with a matter such as mediation, collaborative law or arbitration, whist drawing on her significant litigation experience where necessary.
Throughout her career Louise has undertaken all aspects of Family Law including divorce, resolving the financial aspects arising from divorce, to include complex and significant assets as well as advising cohabiting couples on relationship breakdown regarding the ownership of property as well as financial provision for any children of the family. She also advises on pre and post marriage agreements and separation agreements for a variety of clients.
In terms of Louise’s private children work this includes: child arrangement orders, specific issue orders and prohibited steps orders. She has experience of complex children cases to include issues of harm, children with complex needs and where there are allegations of domestic violence. She is also experienced in cases involving removal from the jurisdiction as well as cases of internal relocation.
On qualification Louise undertook private client work, including Wills, administration of estates and Powers of Attorney and in recent years has continued to conduct this work alongside and in conjunction with her family work. Combining these two legal disciplines means that Louise can bring clients a more complete service.
Louise prides herself on supporting her client’s through their legal journey which has resulted in recommendations and referrals from her clients and contacts.
Alice is a commercial and civil litigator with over 12 years’ experience in the City of London. She has a broad practice which includes commercial litigation, insolvency, fraud and church and charity disputes.
Case highlights include:-
- Acting for representatives of a consortium of over 150 shareholders with regard to the recovery of losses in relation to a PLC in administration
- Advising a financial services company on insurance coverage issues in relation to claims made in respect of unregulated collective investment schemes
- Settling a claim referred to arbitration in Sri Lanka
- Acting in Part 8 charity proceedings in the High Court Chancery Division involving committal proceedings against a number of Defendants
- Obtaining an injunction on behalf of a church to prevent access to the premises and advising a church in a dispute with its network
- Representing a Defendant in a 16 week trial in the Commercial Court in a claim brought by 500 Claimants against the providers of investment schemes for (amongst other matters) dishonest assistance and breach of trust
- Representing a Claimant in relation to a multi-million pound fraud involving the alleged dumping of waste materials
- Obtaining a freezing order against an employee who had allegedly misappropriated monies from the company’s bank account
- Advising a Russian client seeking advice after his bankruptcy had been discharged on the effect of a freezing order obtained prior to the bankruptcy
- Obtaining a judgment for damages in a high profile claim brought pursuant to the Protection from Harassment Act
- Acting for a high profile client in bringing a claim against the police for wrongful arrest
- Securing a settlement for a director defending a claim brought for misfeasance pursuant to s212 Insolvency Act 1986 and numerous other insolvency cases
- Representing a New Zealand client at a Privy Council hearing concerning Maori land rig•hts
- Acting for Claimants in a class action against the UK government in one of the first cases brought under the Human Rights Act.
- London Solicitors Litigation Association
- Lawyers Christian Fellowship
Press and publications
- “Making recoveries in bankruptcy situations” – Business Money, March 2010
- “Nearly free speech” – an article looking at lessons to be learned on privilege following the judgment in Mayer –v- Hoar , Commercial Litigation Journal, September/October 2012
Sally is a Solicitor in the Wills, Trusts and Probate department at Wellers Reece-Jones in Sevenoaks
Kulbir Conner has joined Wellers Hedleys in Great Bookham and specialises in property transactions both residential and commercial.
Kulbir has a breadth of property knowledge with over 13 years of experience in the field. She provides an efficient tailor made conveyancing service for her clients with the best possible outcomes. She lives in Surrey with her husband and two children who attend the local schools. In her spare time she enjoys reading, travelling, running, badminton and yoga.
Parmjit qualified as a solicitor in 2003 after completing his studies at University College, London and Queen Mary College, London. He joined Wellers Law Group in 2015.
Parmjit has wide ranging experience as a corporate and commercial lawyer especially in the technology and healthcare fields. He regularly advises on mergers and acquisitions transactions, management buy-outs, venture capital/private equity transactions, joint ventures and collaboration agreements.
He is also widely experienced in dealing with day to day commercial issues faced by companies, such as trade mark and brand protection, advising on terms of business and Companies Act compliance matters. He acts for a range of business clients including individuals, partnerships, start ups and SMEs that operate in a number of business sectors.
John is a residential and commercial property solicitor at our Sevenoaks office.
John studied law at Sheffield University and at Utrecht University. He went on to do the Legal Practice Course at Nottingham Law School where he received a Commendation. John has been qualified as a solicitor since November 2010. He specialises in both commercial and residential property law.
He has worked for small medium sized firms based around Kent and also in the City. He deals with all manner of property transactions including freehold and leasehold property sales, remortgages and financing, property development, buying and selling of businesses, lease extensions, collective enfranchisement, equity releases, auctions, new builds, compulsory purchases, Right to Buy, share ownership and transfers of equity amongst other matters.
John particularly enjoys client facing work and takes pride is providing an outstanding service. He tries to take a commercial view on matters wherever possible so that transactions proceed smoothly and speedily to completion. He believes that communication is paramount in all transactions be they big or small.
In his spare time, John likes to keep fit, travel, attend concerts and build computers.
John is a highly experienced property solicitor at our Bromley office.
John McLarney joined Wellers Law Group in Bromley as a Consultant in July 2017 having previously ran his own practice in Blackheath since the late 1990s. He specialises in residential and commercial property and in particular leases of industrial units and commercial property including offices and shops. John also has some experience in Local Government Law.
Outside of law, John enjoys gardening, walking, music and travelling.
Solicitor - Residential conveyancing, Re-mortgages and Legal Charges, Transfers of Equity and Transfer of Matrimonial Homes, Conveyancing for high net worth clients, Buy to lets, Lease Extensions and variations
Kerry says – “For the majority of people, a property transaction will be the most expensive matter they will deal with during their lives. It is therefore important to me that this is a smooth process for our clients. I work closely with local Estate Agents and brokers in order to help our clients achieve their goals and objectives within a stress-free environment”.
Kerry is a keen Arsenal FC supporter visits the Emirates Stadium whenever the opportunity arises. Kerry’s other interests include fitness and she has climbed the O2!
Solicitor - Commercial & Residential Property
Pramela Joachim is a solicitor at Wellers Law Group LLP with more than 14 years’ experience in a wide range of residential property transactions.
Pramela’s expertise includes:
- dealing with all types of residential sales and purchases
- advising on remortgages
- securing charges
- lease extensions (acting for both/either landlord and tenant)
- variations of leases
- transfers of equity
Pramela says: “I really enjoy working as part of the property team at Wellers Law Group – we advise on all aspects of property and we work hard to ensure maximum client satisfaction”