Christine is a senior solicitor in the Residential Property Team based in our Bookham High Street office.
Since qualifying in 2009 Christine has developed a pragmatic and helpful approach to all aspects of residential property transactions including, freehold and leasehold purchases, formal and informal lease extensions, re-mortgages, equity release, transfers of equity, shared ownerships and Help to Buy. Christine prides herself on her ability to proactively ensure she achieves practical solutions for her clients quickly and efficiently.
Solicitor - Immigration Law
Ros provides a friendly and personalised service. This is important because each case is different and each client is different. Therefore Ros focuses on your specific needs and this is true whether you are:
- a business bringing key people into the UK;
- an entrepreneur who wants to do business and live in the UK;
- an individual who wants to work or study in the UK;
- An individual who wants to make arrangements for your children or other family members to study or go to school in the UK
The rules governing immigration law can be complex and sometimes difficult to understand. Ros will explain the options that are open to you and then make sure that we take the best course of action – one that achieves the outcome that you want.
Ros qualified as a solicitor in 2006 and has over a decade of experience in dealing with all aspects of Immigration and Human Rights cases. Ros also deals with European Legislation and the effect of this in UK immigration rules and issues.
Ros says – “I am absolutely passionate about what I do. From helping people into more rewarding and stable lives to enabling businesses to operate and create jobs in the UK, my job is about making people happy and what could be better than that!”
Koysor is a senior solicitor in our residential and commercial property department in our Bromley office.
Koysor undertook his Law degree at the University of Westminster and then completed his Legal Practice Course at the London College of Law Bloomsbury. Koysor was admitted on to the role of solicitors in June 2010.
He undertakes all aspects of freehold and leasehold purchases and sales including high value complex transactions. He also undertakes lease extensions both formal under the Act and informal, collective enfranchisement, remortgages, transfer of equity, auction sales and purchases, BTL and developer investments, right to buy and new build transactions.
Koysor also acts for clients in the sale of small to medium sized businesses and undertakes all aspects of commercial lease drafting, lease renewals, assigning leases, rent deposits, rent reviews, lease determination/surrender, lease breaches/forfeiture and premises alterations amongst other things.
Koysor also has an extensive background in dispute resolution, civil and commercial litigation and landlord and tenant law.
In his spare time Koysor is an avid football fan and tries to play regularly. He also enjoys travelling and cooking.
Quang is a Senior Solicitor in our Family Law Department. He undertakes all areas of work in family law, which includes divorce and civil partnership dissolution, financial and property disputes, all children matters and domestic abuse injunctions.
Quang’s experiences have enabled him to develop his skills as an efficient and thorough solicitor, which he combines with a friendly and approachable style.
Quang is a Resolution Accredited Specialist with particular specialisms in financial remedies, children matters and domestic abuse. Quang sits on Resolution’s Standards Committee and he has contributed to Resolution’s Good Practice Guides and Guidance Notes.
Quang is committed to the constructive resolution of family disputes and follows Resolution’s Code of Practice that promotes a non-confrontational approach to family problems.
Outside of work, Quang enjoys travelling, going to the gym and cooking
I have had the pleasure of being represented by Wellers Family law and particularly Lorraine and Quang… I have always found them only interested in acting on my behalf and know the law inside out which has resulted yet again in achieving the desired result.
Divorces and child cases are often very emotional and the games that get played are often more a distraction than fact but these guys wade through the smoke and mirrors to present facts of the case. Believe in how they approach things and you will get the desired results.
Joe is a civil and commercial litigator covering a wide range of practice areas including commercial and contract litigation, property disputes including landlord and tenant litigation, banking and corporate disputes, professional negligence and debt recovery.
Having qualified in 2010, Joe was previously a Partner in a West End Practice and most recently spent time working on a large scale regulatory matter in Dubai.
Joe’s experience includes:-
- Advising clients facing a possession claim brought by an institutional landlord in respect of premises in Holland Park, including negotiating settlement of the claim
- Representing a landlord with an extensive London property portfolio in proceedings brought by a Local Authority under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002
- Representing a landlord in a claim for interim rent under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954
- Advising a commercial landlord in a £220,000 dilapidations claim against Kwikfit
- Advising a commercial landlord in a possession claim over premises let under an expired licence
- General advice and representation in relation to boundary and right of way disputes, forfeiture, rent recovery, dilapidations and service charge disputes
Contract and Commercial
- Advising borrowers and personal guarantors in a dispute involving the construction of a private loan agreement, including advising on the enforceability of a penalty clause under the agreement
- Advising a commercial landlord in a dispute with Npower, including advising on the construction and commencement of an energy supply agreement
- Successfully securing summary judgment in respect of a contractual claim for a deposit following a buyer’s failure to complete
- Advising on banking disputes including a set-aside application against HSBC in relation to non-enforceability of a personal guarantee
- Successfully securing compensation for a commercial entity in a claim against RBS resulting from the mis-sale of an Interest Rate Hedging Product (SWAP)
- General debt recovery on behalf of commercial clients including professional service providers and SMEs
- Successfully acting for an executor and beneficiary in relation to a probate dispute concerning disclosure of estate information, including substantial recovery of costs
- Advising a beneficiary in an inheritance dispute including successful mediation and settlement of the claim
- Advising intended beneficiaries in a professional negligence claim against solicitors following failure to finalise a testator’s will
- Advising a client in respect of a claim in professional negligence against solicitors, arising from complex trust litigation
- Advising a restaurateur in a professional negligence claim against solicitors following failure to advise on the presence of a planning restriction on commercial premises in Victoria
- Queen Mary University of London, LLB Law
- College of Law, London Moorgate
As a member of Resolution Louise takes a constructive approach to assisting her clients in bringing their marriage or relationship to a legal conclusion. She encourages an amicable approach to resolving disputes, recommending alternative ways of dealing with a matter such as mediation, collaborative law or arbitration, whist drawing on her significant litigation experience where necessary.
Throughout her career Louise has undertaken all aspects of Family Law including divorce, resolving the financial aspects arising from divorce, to include complex and significant assets as well as advising cohabiting couples on relationship breakdown regarding the ownership of property as well as financial provision for any children of the family. She also advises on pre and post marriage agreements and separation agreements for a variety of clients.
In terms of Louise’s private children work this includes: child arrangement orders, specific issue orders and prohibited steps orders. She has experience of complex children cases to include issues of harm, children with complex needs and where there are allegations of domestic violence. She is also experienced in cases involving removal from the jurisdiction as well as cases of internal relocation.
On qualification Louise undertook private client work, including Wills, administration of estates and Powers of Attorney and in recent years has continued to conduct this work alongside and in conjunction with her family work. Combining these two legal disciplines means that Louise can bring clients a more complete service.
Louise prides herself on supporting her client’s through their legal journey which has resulted in recommendations and referrals from her clients and contacts.
Richard leads our Wellers Hedleys team across our three Surrey offices. He has over ten years’ experience specialising in all aspects of property law including:
- Sale and purchase of freehold and leasehold land
- Option agreements
- Secured lending
- Residential and commercial leases
- Lease extensions
- Transfers of equity
- Equity release
- Shared Ownership
- Declarations of trust
Richard has acted for private individuals (both domestic and foreign-based), high profile sport and entertainment professionals and property developers as well as managing the property portfolios of a number of his commercial clients.
Prior to joining Wellers, Richard headed up two award-winning legal teams and has been instrumental in their ongoing growth and continuing success.
Having qualified in London, Richard is based in Surrey and has a detailed knowledge of the local area which adds useful context to his advice. He is known for his personable and pragmatic approach to achieve the best possible outcomes for his clients quickly and efficiently.
Solicitor, Family Law
Keith is a Senior Family Law Solicitor with experience of all areas of Family Law including divorce, matrimonial finance (including high net worth divorce cases), disputes between unmarried couples, children matters and cases involving Domestic Abuse as well as advising on and preparing pre and post-nuptial agreements and cohabitation agreements.
He has many years’ experience in Family law having previously been responsible for developing the Family department of a niche firm in North London.
Whilst there Keith also had overall responsibility for the first group of claims within the blacklisting litigation in the High Court which “The Lawyer” deemed one of the Top 20 cases of 2016. Keith’s firm was one of the lead solicitors and as such managed along with three other firms the claims of over 800 construction workers against Sir Robert McAlpine and a number of other construction companies. This case settled with claimants receiving almost £25 million compensation.
Wanting to stay committed to his chosen field of Family Law and wishing to work closer to home, Keith joined Wellers in October 2016.
Sangeeta qualified as a solicitor in 2012 and joined the Wellers team in June 2018 as Head of Private Client services in our London Office.
Her specialisms include wills, probate and contentions probate and trusts. She also advices extensively in estate planning, lasting powers of attorney and Court of Protection work.
Sangeeta is also a Trust & Estate Practitioner (TEP) and a full member of the Society of Trust & Estate Practitioner (STEP) and sits as a member on the STEP Member’s Committee. She is also asked to regularly to speak and present on her specialist topics at various engagements.
In her spare time, Sangeeta is a regular volunteer within her local community and enjoys spending time with her family.
Alice is a commercial and civil litigator with over 12 years’ experience in the City of London. She has a broad practice which includes commercial litigation, insolvency, fraud and church and charity disputes.
Case highlights include:-
- Acting for representatives of a consortium of over 150 shareholders with regard to the recovery of losses in relation to a PLC in administration
- Advising a financial services company on insurance coverage issues in relation to claims made in respect of unregulated collective investment schemes
- Settling a claim referred to arbitration in Sri Lanka
- Acting in Part 8 charity proceedings in the High Court Chancery Division involving committal proceedings against a number of Defendants
- Obtaining an injunction on behalf of a church to prevent access to the premises and advising a church in a dispute with its network
- Representing a Defendant in a 16 week trial in the Commercial Court in a claim brought by 500 Claimants against the providers of investment schemes for (amongst other matters) dishonest assistance and breach of trust
- Representing a Claimant in relation to a multi-million pound fraud involving the alleged dumping of waste materials
- Obtaining a freezing order against an employee who had allegedly misappropriated monies from the company’s bank account
- Advising a Russian client seeking advice after his bankruptcy had been discharged on the effect of a freezing order obtained prior to the bankruptcy
- Obtaining a judgment for damages in a high profile claim brought pursuant to the Protection from Harassment Act
- Acting for a high profile client in bringing a claim against the police for wrongful arrest
- Securing a settlement for a director defending a claim brought for misfeasance pursuant to s212 Insolvency Act 1986 and numerous other insolvency cases
- Representing a New Zealand client at a Privy Council hearing concerning Maori land rig•hts
- Acting for Claimants in a class action against the UK government in one of the first cases brought under the Human Rights Act.
- London Solicitors Litigation Association
- Lawyers Christian Fellowship
Press and publications
- “Making recoveries in bankruptcy situations” – Business Money, March 2010
- “Nearly free speech” – an article looking at lessons to be learned on privilege following the judgment in Mayer –v- Hoar , Commercial Litigation Journal, September/October 2012
I found Alice Anderson to be diligent, thorough and compassionate in all our dealings with her. She's a diamond.