Head of Charity Law at Wellers and author of Faith, Hope and Charity, Paul Martin will be a leading speaker at the ‘Above and Beyond’ conference organised by the Evangelical Alliance.
Hosted by the Evangelical Alliance
Do not miss this opportunity to connect with the latest thinking and leading experts on good governance, legal matters and charity regulations. This one-day conference is perfect for anyone involved in church or charity leadership or governance, ensuring you have all you need to run your church or charity well. Complying to the ever-changing, vast array of guidelines, legal requirements and best practice recommendations can seem overwhelming and almost impossible.
Above and Beyond will help you make sense of what’s required and provide you with the knowledge to run your church or charity with diligence and integrity. This is your one-stop shop with direct access to real people with helpful advice. In one room you will have access to top legal minds and leading authorities on fundraising, safeguarding, data protection, employment law, the Charity Commission and more. We want you to able to go above and beyond what is required and lead excellent organisations – click to apply for tickets.
– Paul Martin, author of Faith, Hope and Charity and partner at Wellers Law Group
– Stephanie Biden, partner and joint head of faith based organisations at Bates, Wells and Braithwaite
– Andi Russell, Jersey Road PR & Media Agency
– Mark Jones, partner at MW Solicitors and chair of the Lawyers’ Christian Fellowship
– Stephen Mathews, head of accountancy and consultancy services, Stewardship
– Caroline Eade, head of charities, FIEC Practical Services
– Dominic Curran, partner and joint head of faith sector at Anthony Collins solicitors
Marc James will lead us in worship and we’ll announce more expert speakers soon.
Topics that will be covered by these expert speakers:
– General Data Protection Regulations – comes into force in May 2018
– Charity governance and the charity commission
– Employment and discrimination law
– Property issues for churches and faith based organisations
– Excellance in finance
– Navigating the Equality Act
– Communications in crisis and calm
Paul Martin or Cassandra Ho are available at our London City office if you require advice on Charity Law. Please call 020 7481 2422.