Is it worth taking the risk?
Risks. They're part of running a business, aren't they? You weigh up the facts and make an informed decision. You know what you're doing and you're in control.... or are you? For one area where no business should take a risk is the Law. It's a potential minefield for anyone who isn't an expert. Especially when you consider that there are more than 200 offences for which a Company Director can be held liable under UK legislation and that Directors are increasingly being held personally liable for their Company's actions. This can frequently apply to situations such as wrongful trading, health and safety, environmental issues, breach of Companies Act requirements and failure to exercise reasonable care and skill when carrying out duties.
But how can you, a busy Director possibly keep up with current legislation as well as running the Company? Fortunately you don't have to, because this is where Lawplus comes in. We think our Legal Audit Service is one of the best ideas for Business in recent years. It is a Legal preventative assessment and risk-control service designed specifically for Business.
Our aim is to:
- Diagnose sensitive areas and advise on preventative measures
- Ensure your Company complies with both existing and foreseeable legislation affecting Companies, its Members, Employees and those with whom your Company has dealings
- Advise on legal liabilities affecting your Company
- Assist in your Company's growth and development
- Assist your Company to make itself more attractive to potential investors' and/or collaborators
- Reduce the risk of litigation
- Enable the Directors to understand and carry out their personal responsibilities as Directors
- Assist your Company in its relationship with Shareholders, Bankers and any other Funding
- Review objectively your Company's standing
- Reduce the time taken in sorting out problems that should never have arisen
Do I really need to bother?
You certainly do. As the Law relating to Business becomes more complicated and the society in which we live more litigious, it is essential to keep your Business ahead of the game. We will examine your Business and tell you about the actual or potential risk areas, so that you can take preventative action before a crisis occurs.
There are numerous potential pitfalls for any Business in its day-to-day existence. The Lawplus review will include:
- Contracts with Third Parties
- Health & Safety
- Insurance Protection
- Intellectual Property & Data Protection ·Structure of the Company/Business
- Compliance with Current Legislation ·Employees & Officers of the Company
- Plant & Machinery
- Environmental Matters
Let us lay down the law for you
The Law Firm of Wellers had been established for more than 100 years and we have the experience, understanding and skill to take away your legal worries. Remember, "Ignorance of the Law is no defence". To stay ahead of your competitors and give yourself peace of mind, act now. Don't wait to step on an unexploded legal landmine - phone our Legal Audit Team. We will be happy to give your more information about Lawplus and to discuss how we can meet your specific requirements.
Tailored to suit exactly the requirements and budget of your Business. And when we finish our review, we will produce a practical and honest report, which gives you a complete and accurate picture of the current state of your Business and whether you need to take any action. What's more, the service pays for itself because it reduces our risk and liability. The insurance market recognises the importance of Lawplus in preventing claims - a business that has undergone a Lawplus Legal Audit can expect to receive a discount on insurance premiums, because a Legal Audit improves your risk profile.
Lawplus - Add value to your business
"Risk Management and Minimising Liability are two issues close to the heart of the DMA. All of us involved in managing businesses know that the seemingly innocent circumstances have a habit of turning around to give us a nasty surprise. I am very excited about the concept of Lawplus and have known the Law Firm of Wellers Law Group LLP for many years. Best Practice in Direct Marketing is an important element of the DMA's work. Best Practice in general business is equally important and I am advising all DMA members to consider the benefits of the Lawplus Legal Audit. The DMA itself has taken advantage of the service and the reassurance it has given makes it a valuable investment"
Direct Marketing Association London