The highly skilled worker category is designed to allow highly skilled people to come to the United Kingdom to look for work or self-employment opportunities.
- in the United Kingdom with permission to stay (known as 'leave to remain') in an immigration category that allows you to switch into the highly skilled worker category;
- already in the United Kingdom as a highly skilled worker and want to extend your permission to stay within your existing category;
- already in the United Kingdom under the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme, want to extend your permission to stay and are eligible to switch into the highly skilled worker category;
- applying for permission to enter the United Kingdom (known as 'entry clearance') under the highly skilled worker category.
- What points you have to score to apply as a highly skilled worker
- 75 points for your attributes (age, qualifications, previous earnings, and experience in the United Kingdom); and
- 10 points for English language; and
- 10 points for available maintenance (funds).
Rules and Restrictions on the Tier 1 (General) permit holder
- You have no work restrictions imposed on your stay in the UK.
- You do not have recourse to public funds.
- You will at first obtain permission to stay in the UK for three years to seek work or self-employment opportunities. After three years you can apply for an extension which will be granted if the UK Home Office is satisfied that you meet the requirements for the Tier 1 (General) extension application.
- You are allowed to apply to bring your dependants to the UK on this programme.
- You cannot work as a Doctor in training – i.e. take a training post within the NHS
Our immigration law department offer a fixed fee interview with an Immigration Law Solicitor for 30 minutes. To discuss your immigration application further or to obtain simple and straight forward advice as to the likely merits of your application, contact our immigration law expert firstname.lastname@example.org or, 'phone 0208 290 7993.
The nominal fee of £80 plus VAT required for this will be deducted from the final charge you will pay, if you use our service within three months of this enquiry.
Wellers Law Group LLP in Bromley, Kent (part of the Wellers Law Group) - areas covered - Beckenham,Chislehurst,Croydon,Crystal Palace,Hayes,Kent,Keston,Orpington,Penge,Petts Wood,Sidcup,Kent,Tunbridge Wells,Sevenoaks
Cooke Matheson Solicitors in Gray's Inn, London(part of the Wellers Law Group) - areas covered - London - City, Westminster, Gray's Inn, Chelsea, Fulham, Wimbledon, Surrey